Looked at two Mustangs today.

First car before I looked at it the guy told me it had 540hp crate engine. I get there look at the car it has a cat back and k@n filter kit, start the car no signs of bigger cam or anything. So I took the car for a drive and the thing was barely if any faster than stock, so I asked him the horsepower again and he has the balls to tell me 540. I pretty much told him he was a liar and that my wifes Grand Prix GXP sittin there in his drive would out run his car. He had nothing to say about it and that was the end of that.
On the way there I seen a super sharp silver 03 GT with Roush body kit, 50,000 mi., gears, and some minor bolt ons, so I decided to go back and have a look at that. I'm talkin to owners boyfriend, and her on phone and dad in person. Car was sharp drove good and looked good and I got them down to a price I was happy with wrote a check told them I'd get title tomorrow. I started drivin it home and about the time the tranny got warm it was grinding like crazy going into 3rd, then I'm behind wife's Grand Prix and she's doin 55 and I'm doin 67. (I was told speedo was correct for gears) I got home and spent a little more time looking it over and seen some welds that weren't really too noticable under hood and realized it must have took a light hit so I called woman no answer i call boyfriend he says car was in light wreck speedo is good she calls back says car was never wrecked speedo was good, then said speedo may be a little off, but 3rd shift never had a grind. I drive car back to a dealership where her dad works as a mechanic and tell him the problems show him the problems being nice never raising my voice or insulting him, and he's just yellin and freakin out pretty much tellin me I'm a liar after I showed him problems sayin I just didn't have the money to cover check, all that good stuff. The whole time the guy doesn't even have the balls to look at me like he did when I was buyin car, just holds his head down and stomps around yellin. Lol.
Anyway I got my check back and copy of bill of sale I left him for proof. They got car back with over $30 in gas and lost nothin and I'm the a$$. If it was other way around I woulda gave them money back and apologized for any problems that I caused and been done with it. What's the deal with people?
By the way both cars are in Bluffton, IN. Ones a black 99 with 95,000mi. on it and the one I bought and took back is a silver 03 with 50,000mi. So any buyers out there beware.
Gonna look at a 99 Cobra tomorrow hope I have a little better luck. Glad I didn't give last guy cash worst case I woulda ate a fee for stopping check.

• Sponsors (?)

I'm headed north of Fort Wayne tomorrow to look at the Cobra. I will spend more time checkin it out for sure.
I don't think most people woulda ever noticed the car was wrecked. I can usually tell if something has been done, but it didn't stick right out to me. I 1st noticed a couple small welds with a little spatter and I knew that wasn't factory. It looked good enough I woulda just kept it if it wasn't for 3rd grinding after car warmed up. The guy was gonna pull a carfax for me right there where he worked, but if he didn't turn bodywork into insurance it wouldn't show up anyway. I've did that before when wife bumped quarter on one of my cars.
Even if I kept it and fixed the problems the car was nice enough it still wouldn't have been a bad deal. I just didn't wanna buy something I had to start workin on as soon as I got it home, unless it was more mods.

Even though you were nice and level-headed thru the whole experience. You found the issues with the car that they obviously were trying to keep hidden. And even though you never came out and said he was a liar, his not looking at you, yelling, stomping around was clearly admission of guilt.crapola He was probably not counting on you knowing your stuff and actually coming back. Glad you got your check back.:nice:

Trust me I wanted to strangle him. Lol. I don't feel like going jail and court though. I'm glad I got check back too, but if I didn't I was just gonna cancel it and leave car there.
He said he knew I would be back cause I couldn't afford to write a check like that. He was workin in garage at Chevy dealer. If i woulda had the stomach to spend $40k I woulda went and wrote a check for the 2010 SS out front, I probably woulda been signing divorce papers when I got home though.
Hope I have some luck with the Cobra I'm lookin at tonight.

well see there's your problem, your in indiana. You think that people who live in an area where it snows and reaches like 10-15 below in the winter with out being forced to are gonna be in their right mind. nope! lol.

A new SS would've been really nice too. I have my 99 GT and 10 SS and love 'em both.
Sounds like you picked up a nice ride anyways. Post some pic's when you get the chance.