Looking At 01 Gt Green But Engine Compartment Is Black

UserName000

Oct 29, 2016
I'm new to the Forum cuz I was thinking about getting a Ford Mustang as my previous ones were fox bodies so I'm coming here for help before I make a decision as a buyer. It's a 2001 Mustang GT with 20000 miles on it one owner clean Carfax by the bing bada boom under the hood it's black! The guy said he ordered it and it got delivered to him exactly as I see it he hardly ever drove it and it was garage kept safe for the engine being Dusty I cannot for the I cannot figure out how this thing came through like that it has some light overspray of the green color on to the block where the fenders come on the inside of the car and it's not just like it's really faded and dirty I Spit on my hand and shirt and was rubbing it and it's literally black it's not the green metallic at all it looks like it maybe came that way from the factory somehow but I just want to make sure it's not messed up I don't see any body work on the car anywhere else and underneath of the car it still has the stickers on some of the components and it's you know clean and there's light green and now from the factory color and everything so if anyone could shed some light on that It'd be greatly appreciated thank you. Pardon if there's any typos I'm driving and doing the voice to text

• Sponsors (?)

Stupid Google Voice, basically the car is the normal green metallic color up until the top of where the vendors start to roll in after where the hood would shut and be equal to the hood towards the engine compartment area there's a tiny little bit of that green overspray on to where it would normally be green however it's black in the entire engine compartment I looked at Google images and every other color that I saw including green it was the same shade of green matching the color on an engine compartment so I'm trying to decipher what's going on as I do not believe the car had body work but it's definitely not a normal thing

It's not normal for the engine compartment to be a different color than the rest of the body. My guess would be that the car was originally black and the owner wanted it painted green but didn't want to remove the engine to paint the compartment. Check the original color that shows up for that VIN and ask the owner about it.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

The factory color code is on the VIN tag. Also, what color is it inside the trunk or inside the fenders looking forward with the door open by the hinges? Can you feel any tape lines at the edges of the paint around tags? Unless the car was disassembled for repaint, there are areas you will notice the original color showing.

54143123.jpg
It looks like this picture I found online. As I said the car has the original paint in all the jams and trunk, and underneath. Owner said it is exactly as delivered from Ford after he ordered it. He has no idea. Clean carfax, and one owner, 21k original miles....what the deal?!!! Still I have no idea.

I'm abreast with finding bodywork thats been hidden, but this thing has no paint lines or ANYTHING else amiss that I can tell.
Its so weird It literally looks as if its a 20k mile car thats been garaged the whole time..

The entire car should be the same color. If you creep around and look at the K-member, or behind the front wheels as the inner strut towers, those should also be painted the original color of the car.

My 2003 was silver, and it was silver paint all over.

Driver's door tag should have a paint code on it. If it was black, the corresponding code would be "UA"