Looking at 95 GTS, what to expect?

I checked the balancer, the belt etc, it all looked good, and asked him about his serpentine belt replacement.. He said it'd been replaced a couple times, but just from normal wear... I'm gonna keep watching it, hope it won't be a problem :)

• Sponsors (?)

Just FYI guys, not having ABS is not just a GTS thing. I've seen my fair share of GTs without it as well.

And if you're one of those guys who think that just because you've been driving for awhile, you're an expert, leave the ABS on. Don't remove it unless you have a valid reason for it.

Yes, it is true that an ABS car does not stop as quick as a non-ABS car but that's only in the hands of an experienced driver. If your driving experience is limited to the street, the drag strip, and a couple autocrosses, leave the ABS on, especially if you live in a rainy/snowy climate.

5.0_GT_kid said:
How do you tell if your car has ABS?

Look under the front of the car and inspect the inside of the front spindle. You're looking for the cable that's bolted near the center. That's the ABS sensor. If it's there, your car is equipped with ABS.

96_spindle.jpg

Attachments

• 96_spindle.jpg
    96_spindle.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 27