looking at a 35000 mile fox

the pony boy

Founding Member
Apr 19, 2002
im trying to meet up with the owner from what i saw the car looks pretty good.stored for along time and has 1 dent and a few little electrical problems.what would be a "who cares whats wrong with you better get it price"????btw its a a 5.0 auto lx. phil

• Sponsors (?)

im trying to meet up with the owner from what i saw the car looks pretty good.stored for along time and has 1 dent and a few little electrical problems.what would be a who cares what wrong with you better get it price????btw its a a 5.0 auto lx. phil

WTF does that say?!

i'm going to attempt a translation:

what would be a "who cares whats wrong with it, you better get it" price?

you need to provide more info about it before any estimates can be made.

its a hatch which is fine cause i have a notch thats a life long project.i ment to say is its not perfect but its a good daily driver.whats a good enuff price where i will regret it if i didnt get it. boy sometimes i confuse myself!!!!phil

being a electrician im not worried about the wiring.the main problem is i live in upstate ny and the car is in brookln ny.im trying to meet the guy while im at work in the city tomorrow.the pictures and the info are hard to come by with this guy but i do have his cell number now.another problem is my wife had knee surgery today so i dont know how im gonna get the car back home but ill worry about that when the time comes...phil

I bought mine in Sept. 2003 with only 19,000 on it and paid 6000.

Yeah, and if it was truely showroom stock, you could have flipped it for several grand.

I sold my nearly perfect calypso 93 with 74K on it for $6500 without even trying. I had bought it 1.5 years prior for 7K, and since put about 15K miles on it. 7 months after I sold it, that guy, who didn't put any money back into the car) sold it for $7700 on ebay.

the one thing that makes me wonder is on the car fax the first real proof of mileage is in 1998 and its nine thousand and change.the interior on the car is mint and besides the 2 dings and little problems it looks good. even with that being said it still has only been driven 23000 miles since than.it looks like im getting the after work monday so we will se what happens. phil

newstang004.jpg

newstang002.jpg

newstang006.jpg
well it didnt have 35000 on it it had 336**.it was the original owner and never been wrecked.the bad is rusted out mufflers dent in door and rear bumper cover and it feals like the shocks and struts are done.the heater core is also bypassed the ac neads a charge.the guy was real cool and i even talked him down a 100 bucks to 1900.00. thats rite a 33600 mile fox for 1900.00. its not perfect and needs some work but it even has the silencer in it still and made the 80 mile trip home with no problems. well off to the classifieds. phil

sounds like a good deal.....but ur gonna drive it and all the gaskets and seals are goin to start leaking everywhere i was lookin at an 89 gt with 25000 original miles and i talked to my mechanic first he said no way not worth the time and aggreavation so i found an 89 with 96000 miles.....

sounds like a good deal.....but ur gonna drive it and all the gaskets and seals are goin to start leaking everywhere i was lookin at an 89 gt with 25000 original miles and i talked to my mechanic first he said no way not worth the time and aggreavation so i found an 89 with 96000 miles.....

This has to be the dumbest statement i have ever heard on stangnet.:lol: :lol: :lol: :rlaugh:

Your mechanic is an idiot and you need to find a new one asap.

Does this really sound logical to you?

You- hey mr mechanic, i found an 89 mustang with only 25000 miles on it!!
it has low mileage and has been treated great.

mechanic- dont get it you dont want to buy a car with really really low low miles because its not worth it.? the gaskets and seals will cost too much money to fix and replace. Go find another mustang that has been ragged on with lots of miles.

You- oh uhhh, okay , whatever you say mr mechanic, you must be right because your the one i pay 85 dollars an hour to work on my car.:hail2: :hail2:

Now seriously , does anyone else smell the stupidity here?:shrug: :shrug: