looking at a stang.....close

BrutalStang

Aug 2, 2004
PA
so i test drove 2 stangs tonight. an 04 azure blue mach 1, and a 2005 mineral gray GT. both 5-speeds.

i dont like the mach, i've decided that. it just didnt seem to fit me very well, i couldnt put the seat back as much as i would have liked to.

the 05. its got 2,600 miles on it. for 24,450. it has borla exhaust from the cats back, and a k&n drop in filter. i want the pin striping taken off, and i want to see if they will swap the wheels with some of the mag type wheels. i really dont care for the stock 17 5-spokes(not sure if they have a certain name).

so my question is.....will they take the stripe off? and what are the chances of a free wheel swap with something else on the lot? i didnt get into it there with them, because i know i have to go back anyway to get my 03 and 92 checked out to see how much i can get for them on the trade.

also, should that borla exhaust bring the price down or up? and what kind of gains is that good for.

thanks all!

• Sponsors (?)

mufflers are good for MINIMAL gains. they are more for sound than power on S197s. the factory exhaust is free flowing, and is not a restriction. the BORLA exhaust should not hurt or help the value of the car, IMO. they will take the stripes off, but not sure about the wheels, some dealers will, others will not.

i drove an 04 mach after i bought my 05 gt, and HATED the mach. good choice.

good luck!! :cheers: