Looking at some 94/95 GT/Cobras, have a few Q's

90_Red_LX

Sep 29, 2003
Asheboro, NC
Hi, I am looking at a few 94/95 Gt's and Cobras, and had a few questions on them. What would be a good price for a one with bolt ons like gears, exhaust, etc. and one with a h/c/i, or a blower setup? How much more in price is a decent Cobra over a GT? Body has to be straight, only whats acceptable from normal driving (ie maybe a door ding, a few rock chips, etc.) Any funky troubles from these cars? Any bad rust spots or anything? Thanks.

• Sponsors (?)

I noticed prices were the same or cheaper then a nice fox, so I got to looking into them. I seen some nice prices, but they all have that brown interior. I want gray or black. :( Is it hard to dye the interior to look right, or is it easier to just get junkyard parts?

the tan interior looks really nice if it's leather, the tan cloth ain't so hot :notnice:

IMG_0356.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0356.jpg
    IMG_0356.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 189
No disrespect, but imo I really just don't like the color at all. But everyone has their opinions. Anyways, what would be a good going price on a pretty decent gt/cobra? Looking for one with at least bolt ons. Mileage to an extent doesn't matter if it's took care of.

Seen a 95 cobra with 125k on it for 7k obo, what do you guys think? Are cobras expensive to insure over a gt on parent's insurance?

Would you guys settle for a gt or go for the cobra? I really would like to have a snake, just to have an svt, but is it worth the cost? Goals are low 12s with not a whole lot of money in it.

Also, can exhaust from a fox swap over easily to a sn95? Cat-back and xpipe? Dad would probably want the lx stock if I bought a cobra, so I'd swap over if I could. Thanks!

super302 said:
I can almost gurantee you the cobra insurance will be WAY too much for you, i called many times to dif. insurance companies and it almost made me pass out when i heard the cost.

We have about 4 cars on insurance, and if I put limited miles or something on it, would be be that bad?

Are the GT's a lot better over the cobras?

90_Red_LX said:
We have about 4 cars on insurance, and if I put limited miles or something on it, would be be that bad?

Are the GT's a lot better over the cobras?

The 94/95 cobra's arent that much better than the GT, especially if you choose to mod them, the only thing the cobras have are a better front bumper and better brakes (and a few other things), not worth the HUGE jump in insureance rates if you ask me....now the 96+ cobras are a whole different story :hail2:

I'm guessing your 18/19 years old, insurance on a kewbra will kill you :nonono:

I'll tell you one thing if you find a 94-95 cobra with rust on it then something is deadly wrong. I spent 6K for mine. They are different from GT's i've driven a bunch. Stock they are very different espically in auto X. If you want a cobra get one I love mine to death. And yes the tan cloth aint pretty but i've got it kinda rare 1of66 with the color combo in 95.

I was really wanting a cobra, but if insurance is that much of a difference, :(. Are you assuming if the cobra was in my name though? It would defintely be in my dads name, and I figured a 10 year old car wouldn't be too bad. I'd like the cobra for the better bumper, better suspension, and to say I have a cobra. Not many at all where I live.

i was looking at a 94 gt and my cobra when i was car shopping three years ago i was 18 at the time made the call and there was no difference in the insurace prices at all. I used state farm they said there were only 4 models that were higher.
1.convertable
2.if it was red
3.if it was the removable hardtop cobra
4.If it was a cobra R
I answered no to all and gladly saw it was only 85 bucks a month.

95WhiteVenom said:
i was looking at a 94 gt and my cobra when i was car shopping three years ago i was 18 at the time made the call and there was no difference in the insurace prices at all. I used state farm they said there were only 4 models that were higher.
1.convertable
2.if it was red
3.if it was the removable hardtop cobra
4.If it was a cobra R
I answered no to all and gladly saw it was only 85 bucks a month.
WHAT!!

i better re-check (again) my insurance rates

Hmm, I may have to do it. Right now I'm in saving mode, scraping up everything I can, so I'll probably step into something not long after my 18th birthday. That is unless my dad allows me to do what I want with the LX. Still really want a cobra though.