Looking for '65 Seats

D Durden

DEEP FAT FRY
Founding Member
Mar 9, 2000
I've got pony interior, and I'm looking to update the seats (one of them is broken, anyway).

What seats have you guys seen to fit this application? I've got the light blue and white pony, and I don't really want something that REALLY sticks out.

I've heard lots of seats are too tall for the application without lowering the floor pans. I REALLY don't want to do that if I don't have to.

• Sponsors (?)

I've got the Corbeau CR1's in my car and love them. They are a little taller then stock, but not so much that you would have to lower the seat pan.

I got the regular size and they fit me pretty snug and I'm 5'-8", 160, so if your larger, I would definately get the wide seat.

They come in several stock colors, but I know that you can get them custom covered to match your interior.

Tim

Here's mine in black leather.

P8080031.jpg

P8080035.jpg

Attachments

• P8080031.jpg
    P8080031.jpg
    68.3 KB · Views: 142
  • P8080035.jpg
    P8080035.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 231
You could get the flofit in Pony or the sport seat conversion but you would have to get a tilt column if you don’t wont to lower the seat pan, because you will need to keep that big wheel with manual steering and sticky tires. These are the only two seats that have pony details.

Yeahh, we've talked about that Jes-man. I can't handle $1,500 JUST for the seats. I've found some cool ones, though. I'll shoot you some links tomorrow.

65 fastback,

On your Pictures in this thread i see you have upgraded your steering wheel. I was also thinking about that and looked around in some online Stores. Which Adapter (and where to get it?:shrug: ) do you use for this steering wheel. (I think its a Grant Steering wheel but i`m not 100%) In Austria its hard to find some adapters for a race or sport steering wheel... Better said, no dealer i asked had something like this...:notnice:

My car is a 65 Coupe so i think it will be similar to yours??!

thanks for the help! Mario

Speaking of the steering wheel thing, how does yours steer with the much smaller wheel. I've still got the big original one. I'm a bit leary of swapping to a small wheel with manual steering.

Check out Pro Fit Elites from Summitt. They were about 600 with the frames, fit well, look good and are comfortable in my 65. I have a smaller steering wheel but believe that the regular one would be fine. The seat frames have three height positions also. Pro Fits website has a picture of a Mustang with the Elites which helped with my decision.