Looking for a good motor set up. . .

• Sponsors (?)

You want to build it yourself, or are you looking to buy a pre-built short block? Also.....I'm assuming you're planning on staying all motor?

I went with a set of Manley rods and Diamond pistons in my engine. I just sent the stock crank out to be rebalanced, since it's good for over 600hp as it is. If I were going with after market cams, I'd probably look into one of the sets VTEngines has to offer. I'd check with them to see which particular grind they recommended though.

Sure....it'll take that no problem. The Modular crank set up is MUCH stronger than the old OHV engine. Everyone is so hell bent on sticking a forged crank it their short block when it's really not necessary unless you're running mega horsepower or RPM. Let me ask you this......when was the last time you heard of a Modular Crank shaft failing?

very true, Just all the hype about it makes me scared....
Everyone's like "These motors pop RIGHT AT 500.01HP"

I know the rods are ****, and I'm slowly knocking away hols in my stock pistons, But I would love to not have to buy a crank.

Is there anyone out there running over 500hp on a stock crank?

Mustang people are weird to me (not an insult)

Back when I had my DSM there wernt really any things like (the stock motor can talk only THIS MUCH HP!!!)

I had a stock 2.0L motor lay down 320HP to 4 wheels, and that same motor, with just wiesco's put over 400hp to the wheels.

It seems like making power with the 4.6 is harder, or atleast more expensive.

...one thing i did notice that i dont understand, 1/2 of a 4.6 motor is 2.3L... the eclipse was a 2.0L But the intake and exhaust ports on the eclipse are 2 times the size of the 4.6L

Not bashing ford or anything (duh I have a stang) I just don't understand some of the things they did w/ the motors.

I am looking to build up a short block I am buying. I know I am going to bore her out .30 but not sure what brand pistons, cams (duration too), and intake to go with. I dont wanna make the car undrivable for longtrips and stuff. Just a lot better than stock and still able to go anywhere. thanks
-Jason

Why exactly are you going .030 over? It doesn't add HP...so i'd go .020 over this way if you have to rebuild in the future you will then still be able to go .030 over and not have to buy a new block.