looking for a M II and what is the best board?

• Sponsors (?)

Best Board:SNSign: (you are there)

The 2.3l Turbo is a really good swap for a Mustang II. Getting a Merkur XR4TI or a Thunderbird Turbo coupe as a parts car would be ideal. From what I here the Merkur's wirring harness is easier to adapt. Both the T-bird and the Merkur have the 2.3l Turbo. The T-bird is closer to SVO Mustang spec since it is intercooled. A 2.3l Turbo makes 302 V8 horsepower stock and can be modified to insane levels. The carbed turbo set-up is a piece of wood (my opinion)The 302 in the Mustang II was an afterthought. It sits too far forward and even off an inch to the passenger side! Stock Mustang II Horsepower is only 139!! I think the two best engines (for performance) are the 2.3l or the 5.0l. The 2.8l V6 was a popular performance engine in it's day, but findinding performance parts on this side of the pond (today) would be difficult. (The English Capri 2.8l has a 5.0l Mustang-like following in europe) Buy the car with the engine you want, because changing a 4 to an 8 on changing a 6 to a 4 or an 8 involves many parts that you can not buy anymore. If you want to swap one for another buy an appropriat Mustang II parts car.The cheapest road to V8 performance is getting a 1983-1995 5.0l Mustang parts car. Swaping the 86-95 EFI engine and the T-5 or AOD overdrive transmissions into a II is common. You can put a 302 into a 1974 but, I would buy a 1975-1978 V8 car to save yourself a lot of work and money. The H.O 5.0l swap and fuel injected 2.3l Turbo swaps have both been done by people in this forum. Search our history or start a new thread and the members here can guide you through either.:D

thx 138. as project 77 posted good starting point are the ones he posted i my self i'm doing a v8 transplant in a 74 mach 1 we picked up so far i'll have to agree with mustang j said they are tougher to work do to core support so close to firewall.i picked up a 289 now working on the trans all we need is the torq convertwer and the c4 with smaller bell i want to run headers on it clearance issues are the biggest problem so far.we allso have a king cobra i put a t-5 in it with a 302 nice little horse power to weight sleeper handles like a slot car allso alright allreday i;m out of here good luck post pictures for sure :nice: