Looking for a new hood - Opinions/Info

GT2000JAY

Founding Member
Oct 22, 2002
Northwest
'00 GT Vert - Thinking about the Stalker hood or the Cobra R hood. I like the '03 Cobra hood, but I don't think it fits right without the front bumper. Any other suggestions? Thoughts on price for painting?

Thanks,

Jay

• Sponsors (?)

GT2000JAY said:
'00 GT Vert - Thinking about the Stalker hood or the Cobra R hood. I like the '03 Cobra hood, but I don't think it fits right without the front bumper. Any other suggestions? Thoughts on price for painting?

Thanks,

Jay

I would go with the Cobra R hood, especially on a red car. The Stalker hood doesn't fit the lines of our cars, IMO. Both are quality pieces from a good company and form what ive heard fit well.

OT: you might wanna check out www.mustang-hoods.com, but i dunno if they're any good. Anyone deal with them???

I'm in the same boat as you right now Jay, I'm actually leaning towards the Cervinis/ Steeda hood like this.....
MVC-002%20copy.jpg

Firemanz said:
I'm in the same boat as you right now Jay, I'm actually leaning towards the Cervinis/ Steeda hood like this.....
MVC-002%20copy.jpg

I like that look - and it looks good on a red car, but I also like the "ram air" look - gives it a really unique appearance, but can't decide if it's "over the top".

Thanks,

Jay

My cervini's cobra-R hood fit like absolute S__T. Place I had it installed called Cervinis and they told them to leave it out in the sun.

I HIGHLY recommend against going with a Cervini's hood.

-g

there's a carbon fiber version of the saleen heat extractor hood somewhere on ebay... I like that one and the price is close to Saleen's but I would think that the quality would be better...

do you ever plan to change your front bumper too ?

I have a Steeda cowl and a stock GT front bumper, and it looks fine, but I always knew I'll get a Cobra bumper eventually. Now I want on '03 front bumper to go w/ it and my spoiler delete -

68 & 00 GT said:

I have a Steeda cowl and a stock GT front bumper, and it looks fine, but I always knew I'll get a Cobra bumper eventually. Now I want on '03 front bumper to go w/ it and my spoiler delete -

Sounds like a nice setup man. Im going to be going with the Cobra R hood and Mach Chin Spoiler for now. Future plans will include a 99-01 Cobra Front Bumper, 03 Cobra Skirts, and 18" Polished Bullitts. We'll OWN Houston hehe :nice:

68 & 00 GT said:

Well, right now I'll say that I'll probably stay with the GT bumper. That is subject to change as I run out of other things to do to the car. :D