Found Looking For A Vert Top In Black For My 88

Discussion in 'Fox WTB/Trade Cars & Parts' started by tpoch845, Dec 9, 2013.

1. tpoch845

tpoch845 New Member

Hi everybody, after 25 years, I was finally able to fulfill my dream of owning a foxbody, so I am a total noob here. I just traded my tired old '92 Firebird (gasp) for a convertible '88 GT. She needs some work, mainly interior, so I suspect I will be trolling these boards for a good bit of time next year...

The top is in terrible shape, and the rear window has separated from the rest of the curtain. It is sad to see her in my driveway with duct tape and tarps, and with Christmas right around the corner, the Mrs. has tightened the screws on my budget. At any rate, is there anyone in or around Raleigh NC that has a top (or rear curtain and window) for sale? I am looking for black. I really need to fix the window soon; the top can wait a while.

There is a dude locally that posted a CL ad for a curtain from a 91, but it is my understanding that it might not fit my 88? Is that true?

Is it even feasible to think that I can replace the top and curtain by myself? I can turn a screwdriver, but sewing and upholstery is not my forte...

Thanks!