looking for advice on my future mustan situation??

pistonhead351

flim hunter
May 1, 2005
Well im sort of in a dilema here. Ive had my car about a year and a half now i knew it had some rust when i bought it as the hatch and some other areas were in real bad shape. But now the time has come where i have decided to get it ready for paint, and im just wondering if im waisting my time. Its also a northern car so the underbody has its fair share of surface rust also. The floorboards are awesome, its just in the rear half of the car where it shows. i am getting ready to do my motor swap in may, and i am going to fill and paint the engine bay while i am at it.

heres what i am thinking though. Instead of trying to fix every bit of rust on this thing, i was going to try to sell. Then i was going to buy a built roller with suspension, cage, interior and wheels already on it. If i did this i would just save the motor i am building now and drop into the rust-free roller. i figure for around $4000-4500 i can get a decent roller with nice paint.

i know its confusing but if you guys have any past experience with this type of sitution post it up. just looking for some feedback here. thanks guys! :SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)