Looking for Cobra wheel alternative

schoonover_88

Jan 1, 2004
Hello! I am new here, and recently bought a 1989 Mustang GT. The plan I was going with was to make a 1993 Cobra "clone" so to say. Anyways, my question was since you all know that original Cobra wheels are hard to come by as well as expensive, could I (with a five lug conversion) use the wheels off of an early nintys Thunderbird (I realize that they are only 15", whereas the Cobra's were 17", but I am just wanting to know if they would bolt-up). Thank You to whoever can solve my problem. Oh ya almost forgot.............Mustangs ROCK!!!!

• Sponsors (?)

'93 Cobra rims are 17x 7.5" with a 4 x 4.5" Lug circle

T-bird rims are 15x7 but come with a 5 x 4.25" bolt circle.

5-lug Mustang use a 5 x 4.5" bolt circle so to answer your question even if you convert to 5-lug they will not fit at all.

Darn, looks like I will have to find a different wheel for my project. Thanks anyways. By the way, do you have any suggestions for what other wheels would look good on a cobra "clone"?

My best suggestion is just to buy a set of 17x9 Cobra R wheels. In my opinion they are the sweetest looking wheels for a mustang and they are very inexpensive for average of $150 a piece. Theres nothing like Cobra R's.