looking for PICS of Homemade Cold Air Inductions kit

VIPERn94Five-0 said:
i was gonna use a dremel but my dad was upstairs sleeping so i didnt want to make a ton of noise in the garage, so i used tin-snips....the cut was kinda jagged(sp?) but it worked fine...i actually cut more off then i needed...currently its just covered in electical tape to cover the bare metal but once i get some time(winter break from school) im gonna get in there sand it all nice and use some touch up paint....and then make a "cover" like RIO to make it look real OEM

nice, thanks, id like to do that eventually :nice:

• Sponsors (?)

wait... did you guys cut/hack part of your fenders off??

if that was the case no wonder why i was having problems getting mine to fit, for the pipe to go straight across i would ahve needed to hack the fender a little or... maybe i'm still missing something.....

Throw a blanket over the motor/fenders and use an airgun with a cut-off wheel..it make a mess for sure, but will eat a hole in no time...watch out for wires behind the fender...if you have an a/market MAF you need a mondo hole to stuff the filter in all the way...

check the pic...i have a big MAF, so i opened it a good 3-4" on the width...you need a good size hole for the straightest shot...

i was gonna use the edge protector, but mine looked like ass with such a big hole...it needed something to cover it...i did look at some Alum...but the mudflap is 1/8" thick and cuts/ trims slick....Armorall it up and she's good to go...

EDIT...i was running 8" AFM Powerstack filter (pic) ...that had to go...had to use the PRO-M as it was 6"...needed all the depth i could get..
I paid 57.00 for the AFM filter.... :mad: Now its sitting on a shelf.... :bang:

Attachments

• tfi module.jpg
    tfi module.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 151
HoofnIt said:
I used the 3" pipe as well. Here's mine.

will i be able to use the K&N FIPK which i have for the 94-95 mustangs,,im gonna run the pipe into the fender well just like this guy here did,,,and im just wondering if there is enough room for the filter that comes withe the K&N kit