Looking for some Fox help - non USA location

300bhp/ton

Apr 4, 2005
England
Hi guys,

I'm actually a long time member as I'm a HUGE Mustang fan, although I admit to currently owning a 4th Gen Camaro. I'm also in the UK, so cars like these are very rare and unique.

Last weekend I picked up an 86' T-Bird. Ok not a Mustang, but I'm lead to believe they use a stretched Fox platform and have a lot of similarities.

In short I need some help with it.

It's a project car, it should have had a 5.0 and a 4 speed AOD, but both are missing. So some questions I'd love to get answers too:

1. How bad (or good) is the Ford AOD? I don't mind putting another AOD in and keeping in an auto. But if these trannys aren't great then I'm happy to look at a 5 speed (T5??) conversion.

2. Alloy wheels. Not keen on the stock rims on the T-Bird. I know there are 5 stud conversion kits. But what's the stock PCD for the 4 stud? And do any other car make of alloys fit as direct alternatives?

3. Suspension and tuning. Ok the T-Bird is heavier. But what's some good online places to buy upgraded parts like this? Remember I'm in the UK so I can't really buy performance parts locally.

Thanks in advance :)

• Sponsors (?)