looking for some input

Discussion in '1994 - 1995 Specific Tech' started by 95five-0, Jan 16, 2004.

1. 95five-0

95five-0 New Member

I have a 95 gt that is pretty much stock except my intake (K&N filter charge) I was wondering if you guys could give me some ideas on improving my 1/4 times. I can't afford a tubro or anything like that. I am looking to spend around a grand. I will be taking her to the track once it warms up around June or so. Any help would be great. Thanks.

2. VibrantRedGT

VibrantRedGT "STANGNET'S PENGUIN SMACKER" Super Mod

1. Bump the timing to 14 degrees, FREEBIE.
    2. Best bang for the buck is gears (3:73's minimum), roughly $400 out the door (gears, installation, lube, everything).
    3. Off road X-Pipe, roughly $200 depending on brand.
    4. Pulleys, around $75 can find them in the classifieds for cheap.
    5. Cold Air, make one yourself for around $15. Type Cold Air in the search feature of this forum for more info.
    6. Tri-Ax shifter, $180. You want to bang the gears at the track correctly with crisp shorter shifts.
    7. Nitto Drag Radials, $120-$150 each depending on size.

That's a little over $1000 and should get you into the low 14's at around 96-98 MPH.

Don't forget to remove some weight. Vacuum the entire car. Remove the jack, spare tire and tire iron. Remove the dog bone on the rear axle. Get everything out the car that doesn't need to be there while going down the 1/4 mile.

3. BlueOvalStangGT

BlueOvalStangGT Active Member

what he said....

4. jmuva44

jmuva44 Founding Member

Just to add to Vibe....

1) remove dead weight (STB, rear seats, dogbone,etc.)...Nothing more free than that and it helps a lot.
    2) shift kit (if aode)...that will take off almost 2 tenths
    3) cobra intake....you can find them all day for $250 to $300 and arent incredibly hard to install
    4) And of course the mod of all cheap go fast mods....nitrous. Not a huge fan but if you want to go fast on a budget, you arent gonna find anything more appropriate.