Looking for suggestions on T-5 swap

five_o_stang

Jan 8, 2004
Georgia
Ok, so after my AOD blew up yesterday for the 2nd time in 2 years, I made the choice of having a T-5 put in my car. Basically I'm looking at Super HD T-5 w/ the refurbishing done by Tremec. Also getting the upgraded lil goodies like the steel TO bearing and adjustable clutch quadrant, etc. It's gonna be done by a performance outfit out of Rome, GA.

Anyone here that has swapped their AOD for a T-5 have any suggestions or comments about what to look out for? I could use a lil help since I"m putting up a fair chunk of change for this one. Thanks in advance.

Also, any Georgia Stangers hang out in here?...Especially in the Rome/Northwest area? Could use a few 5.0 buddies since I moved.

• Sponsors (?)

Best bet is to find a donor car at the J/Y, I have not don any swaps to T-5, both mine were sticks to begin with. But the pedals are probably the worst thing to deal with. Everything else is pretty easy. As for Locals, I work in Marrieta but live up 85 out of town. There is a LOT of Stangers around here. Welcome to Hotlanta. Fun Ford weekend is in M the middle of April so get the car ready!!