Looking To Buy Should I Go GT or SVT?

Just wondering if I should buy a 99-04 GT or a 99-02 SVT Cobra? What are the ups and downs out of the 2 that I should know. I have driven both and the Cobra was obviously a lot faster, Im just wondering if it is a better deal since they are roughly the same price.

• Sponsors (?)

If you can afford the Cobra, it's always the better car. I'd go with the '99 or the '01 Snake if it were my money.

...PS keep the sales threads confined to the Forum, or National Classifieds please. ;)

I would buy the cobra but I would stay away from the 99 cobra... I have heard about a few re-calls (not like every mustang doesnt have a few:rlaugh: ) But i think in 99 it was the heads and intake manifold.. something like that, and so in 2000 they ONLY made the Cobra R. Then continuing on with more production cobras in 01...:banana:

So i guess IMO i would look for a 01-02, but if you have the chance, maybe look for the 03-04.. I heard they make a little more power :drool: :hail2:

It all depends on what you want. Are you going to get serious in drag racing? If so get the GT. Unless you don't mind replacing the IRS from the Cobra. If you wnat just a fun street car that you are not going to mod to heavily, get the Cobra. If you want to do some road racing, get the Cobra as it is out of the box a better handling car.

If you can afford it, get the 03-04 Cobra. More power and FI right out of the box. One other option you should consider is the Mach 1.

Well I could afford the 03-04 car however since Im only 22 years old insurance owns me. They want like $260 a month for one, so Im going with the other option for about $125 a month obviously. Well I have looked at a lot of Stangs lately and it turns out actually in my area the 99-01-02 Cobra's are running the same prices as the GT's so it sounds like a Cobra may be the route to go. Im just tired of going slow and paying insurance on 2 cars so Im going with one nice fast car rather than 2 slow nice cars.

A better way is to tell us what you're looking to spend.

Im looking to spend about $12K-$14K for the car then I plan to sell my DD car for about $3500-$4K and spend it on some parts. I was just looking to lower it, and do a bunch of bolt ons and maybe some gears so I think I can do it for that money easily. Im also going to throw on some 03-04 Cobra wheels or some 18" FR500's. Im in a good boat here because all of my vehicles are paid off so all the money is cash in my pocket to spend.