Looking To Get To About 400hp

I would look to get a bigger throttle body and egr spacer. At least 75mm to match that maf. Will help with the sc down the road.

I removed the EGR and blocked it and put in a delete plug to keep the CEL out. Air pump and all associated hardware is removed/capped too. I don't need the EGR spacer with the cobra intake correct? Any recommended throttle body?

• Sponsors (?)

I like accufab. Best on the market. Bbk is more affordable but it has a whistle to it must people don't like. On the up side you will sound like you already have boost.

Reactions: 1 user
FYI, my comment wasn't directed at you, and yes, you can run a T5. My intention was to battle misinformation that seems to be showing up often lately with new member's posts. Most people know that you can get away with a T5 with a warmed up engine if you treat it right.. However, to the uneducated, the general statment "A T5 will handle 400 hp" is false.

Sorry for the interruption, I like your car!:)

That's an accurate statement. My 347 has 400HP. I've had no problems on the street because the car won't hook on street tires. Dragstrip is another story. 50 passes if i am lucky. I started with two professionally rebuilt T5s before I learned to repair them. If I rotate them out at least once a year before they get too loose so far I haven't suffered catastrophic failure. Tremec manufacturers them and I believe they are rated for 300 or 325 torque on their website. That's about right IMO. .

New member here and looking for some input. I bought an '89 hatchback a while back and have been having a lot of fun with it. Car is mildly modded and I've done quite a bit of upgrades to it myself. I would like to get to about 400hp eventually. The car is just a weekend cruiser I like to take out and have some fun with.

As it sits these are the current mods: B303 cam, Y303 aluminum heads, 65mm throttle body, T5 trans.(being rebuilt or replaced this winter),adjustable fuel pressure regulator, 30lb injectors, 3.73 rear end, sub frame connectors, aluminum radiator and contour electric fan, off road h pipe with warlock drag mufflers, all new brakes, 130amp alternator upgrade, SC wheels with 245/45/17's up front and 275/40/17's in back and more that I'm forgetting.

My question is, what is the best way to get to my goal? I'm thinking supercharger but being in the middle of North Dakota, dyno's and tuners are not easy to find. So I'm open to suggestions.

Oh, no worries:nice: I enjoy the input from everybody. Back when I owned my first two Foxbodies, the internet, parts and information wasn't nearly as easy to find. I like the fact that you and other enthusiasts are around and willing to share information with others like me. That and I'm a little older and have a little more expendable income and a nice shop to work on my hobbies make this Fox way more fun than my others :)
you have raceing heads i went to mmr for my 99 4.6 4700 for valve job bottom end and forged maybe they can hook your bottom half up cheap throw a little nos on it bam

you have raceing heads i went to mmr for my 99 4.6 4700 for valve job bottom end and forged maybe they can hook your bottom half up cheap throw a little nos on it bam
This is the 87-95 section . MMR doesn't do push rod motors .

Sent from my iPhone using my fingers while my auto correct makes me seem illiterate

Reactions: 1 user