Looky what I got hehe

mob

the guy who hits on his mom
Dirt-Old 20+Year Member
Oct 3, 2003
Dallas, TX
Gotta love corral forums. I was going over my headswap last night, thinking about what I need. And realised im going to sell my headers, get some bbk LT's, ill need a shop to install new vavle springs, a new xpipe. And I prob wont be able to get them in till late october. I had some money laying around so I said im gonna look for a explorer intake. Went on corral, searched, found alot of options sent out alot of pm's and emails. There was one guy who had one local, for 125. Woke up this morning, and of course the one guy who replied was the local guy. But I realised he was only selling the lower intake. I asked if he had the upper said he would let it go for an extra hundred. I said 200 and ill be there in 30 minutes. He said ok, left my house and went to go pick up the intake. It was pretty dirty but I took it to work and cleaned it up. The upper intake has a crappy paint job but it looks clean. It has the EGR stuff I just need to get it drilled and tapped for the ACT, and it should be on this weekend. Hopfully will get me to just break 12's or very very low 13's. Ill be alittle upset if I dont hit 12's :( anyways enough talk heres the pics. Im gonna try and find a explorer t/b to put on it because my 55MM is going to kill me.

1003247jz0.jpg

1003246ep0.jpg

acttl9.jpg

1003248vi7.jpg

Attachments

• 1003247jz0.jpg
    1003247jz0.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 69
  • 1003246ep0.jpg
    1003246ep0.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 59
  • acttl9.jpg
    acttl9.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 63
  • 1003248vi7.jpg
    1003248vi7.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 68
  • Sponsors (?)

alright ill look around for the t/b, if I find a old explorer t/b and spacer for like 30 bucks ill take it, I have someone who will sell me an eddy 70MM egr spacer for 30 bucks just gotta find a t/b to go with it.

I was throwing around the idea of typhoon, there was one on corral for 215shipped, but i knew the gt40/cobra route would be better for my combo and give me more low end torque. I thought about a new cobra intake, but for the prices the explorers are going at, cant beat it.

Henceforward said:
Is the Upper port matched for 70mm, if not a dremmel tool will fix that up.

No its stock, i sent the guy a message and asked if he had the t/b because he said he had the whole engine. If i can pick it up for cheap I will, but if not ill look around for a t/b and match it no problem.

You guys think ill notice a difference with the intake? I know its going to make a difference, but im not sure if i'll notice it, this is going to be the first power mod ive done to my car, im not sure what to expect.

managed to get it drilled and taped in one morning. ha! Guy that sold me the intake says he has the 65mm t/b and spacer he'll give me for free. Im gonna go pick it up prob this weekend. Intake is going in tomorrow morning :)

tapbq9.jpg

Attachments

• tapbq9.jpg
    tapbq9.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 72
I put GT40 heads with 1.7 RR's and a Explorer on my engine that already had a e303 cam. Your gonna have alot of fun with your car when you get everything on. My car is so much fun now with everything on. I would also recommend getting a 75mm mass air. I got a granatelli peice from my friend for 50 bucks and it really helped alot. Good luck with the swap. Oh yea, my car is rediculously loud after the swap. Its awesome.

Awesome looks great! One tip though, I think if its going to be a while until you get it put on, you should start polishing it, and it will look great! Plus, you will really thank yourself once its done, and you put it on, rather than doing it later. I'd be a fair bit of work but nothing impossible.

eh it was 20 bucks and it was done in 2 hours, knowing me messing with extending wires and moving sensors around and drilling holes it would have been a pain in the ass and i would have messed something up.

Anyone can tell me how to set up the vacum hoses? I have no idea what I need to do, looks like ill be doing it on my own tomorrow, im gonna need help haha.

ok so I think I may have this half way figured out.

1 goes to PCV

2 goes to the charcol canister

3 i have no idea

4 i have no idea

5 do i need to plug that?

diagvx5.jpg

Attachments

• diagvx5.jpg
    diagvx5.jpg
    7 KB · Views: 64