Loose Motor Mounts

prehall

May 30, 2004
alright, my motor mounts are out and i was wondering what was going to be the easiest way to change them out and where do i get them from. our local shops dont carry them and i was told to ask ford. my dad's employee told me that i should put a block under my oil pan and jack it up just a little bit and take them out one side at a time. this has been a big problem because when i deccelerate from about 45 mph and up it has this big droning sound and im about to sell this car and was wonder what the best thing to do would be. thnx guys.

• Sponsors (?)

well

are you sure its the motor mounts??? if it is get u a engine puller and hook it up, jack it up just enough to take the slack out then grab you a 5/8 ratchet and socket( i think its a 5/8) and take out the bolts in the bottom of the mount (where it attaches to the frame) then jack it up just enough to get the mount out. after u get it high enough take the three bolts holding the mount to the block out then remove the mount to put them back on just do the reverse of what is here hope this helps u

thank you very much...im glad that you decided to help me. i know its the mounts cuz i can tough the top grommet and it wiggles...both wiggle now.ill see if i can find someone with a cherry picker...thanx again for your help