Loosing faith...92gt vs. b16 hatch

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Sponsors (?)

well ibtl but!. I ran a gsr teggy last nite on a closed course. that was a 2.1 stroker built car and he got me buy a car. that bitch was screaming!! guy pulled up listening to slipknot bout to trip on a bitch lol. but I call bs on the 1.6 swap, you should dust him with ease.. unless it really was a b18c1 or c5

First off, you dont have that much stuff done to your car either. I had full exhaust on mine too and dynod 207/274. Youre not that much farther ahead than i was. Figure 215-220 max. At 3400 pounds i think it would take one hell of a stick jockey to get a 13.8 out of it. I dont know for sure, but i know those civics can get really light. Wouldnt surprise me if your third gear synchro is going out and you had a smaller powre to weight ratio.

Secondly, i think being faster than the next guy is one of many wrong reasons to own ANY car, fox included. You say you called him out. Was he talking smack, or were you? If he was talking smack, i probably wouldnt have raced him in the first place. And im definitely not one to start something. Regardless, i think you should buck up and take it like a man. So he beat you. BFD...If thats enough to make you want to sell your 5.0 then please, do so. There are many of us out there who would love to have a car like yours.

First off, you dont have that much stuff done to your car either. I had full exhaust on mine too and dynod 207/274. Youre not that much farther ahead than i was. Figure 215-220 max. At 3400 pounds i think it would take one hell of a stick jockey to get a 13.8 out of it. I dont know for sure, but i know those civics can get really light. Wouldnt surprise me if your third gear synchro is going out and you had a smaller powre to weight ratio.

Secondly, i think being faster than the next guy is one of many wrong reasons to own ANY car, fox included. You say you called him out. Was he talking smack, or were you? If he was talking smack, i probably wouldnt have raced him in the first place. And im definitely not one to start something. Regardless, i think you should buck up and take it like a man. So he beat you. BFD...If thats enough to make you want to sell your 5.0 then please, do so. There are many of us out there who would love to have a car like yours.

sorry but i disagree with your second paragraph i think that thats the whole reason for owning these cars, but there is a place for that stuff, and its a closed course without innocent by-standers that can get hurt

dont underestimate the hatch. that car weighs nothing to start with. next, maybe he wasnt telling you everything he had done. that car shouldnt have more than 160whp and 110wtq. either he has more done or you are way down on power.

Thats going to happen from time to time.. but I know how your feeling. But you don't have all that much done to your car, IMHO. Get your car into the low 12's/high 11's and there will be far fewer street driven cars that will run with you. Of course you always have that guy out there with the 800 RWHP sleeper that laughs at you. :rlaugh: Don't give up on your fox... try and make one of those hondas fast for the price you can make your fox fast and you'll see the light!

IBTL. I'd attribute your loss to 1) he's a better driver than you and 2) the power to weight ratio is in his favor, and 3) you raced him from a roll instead of from a dead stop. Your only real mods to help your car breathe better are your exhaust mods. CAI does nothing, aluminum d/s and pullies maybe frees up 5-10 horsepower if we're being generous. Gears only move you into your usable power band sooner. The rest of the stuff you can take or leave.

So, let's say you you were making 195 to the wheels fresh out of the showroom. Your engine is more than likely a bit tired now, so we'll say you're making 175 before mods, and ~200 after mods. Your car at almost 3500 pounds with driver and 200 horsepower vs. a tiny civic hatch with a mystery powerplant under the hood = you lost.

Those Honda's can be extremely light, at my school there was this dooshbag in the freshmen class, one of those kids who thought he knew EVERYTHING. Well he had a Honda, and it was so light you were able to pick the front end up by hand and move it over a good foot or so..

Status
Not open for further replies.