Losing Power

• Sponsors (?)

Mustang_chic said:
fuel filter is like 2 months old. i guess i'll get a tune up and my fuel system checked this weekend.. thanks! :nice:

If you monitor the fuel pressure while it is acting up you will know that it is or isn't fuel related. Could also be the fuel pump. I had one get intermittent for no apparent reason, only to find the seal blown out when I replaced it. It isn't very likely that the fuel filter is bad again... :nice:

I had a problem with a flat spot a little ways above idle getting into it. It would feel like it was falling on its face, but it was persistant (did it all the time) Finally figured out that if I clocked my MAF around so the plug was towards the passanger fender it didn't do it anymore. :shrug: I have a bend before the MAF @ the fenderwell, but there is about 7in of a straight run in between the MAF and the bend. It helped alot, but like I said, It wasn't intermittent, it was persistant. :shrug:

Worthless post, but something to know.

krly79 said:
I had a problem with a flat spot a little ways above idle getting into it. It would feel like it was falling on its face, but it was persistant (did it all the time) Finally figured out that if I clocked my MAF around so the plug was towards the passanger fender it didn't do it anymore. :shrug: I have a bend before the MAF @ the fenderwell, but there is about 7in of a straight run in between the MAF and the bend. It helped alot, but like I said, It wasn't intermittent, it was persistant. :shrug:

Worthless post, but something to know.
m

not at all a worthless post.. ..just above my head! wtf? :shrug: i so confused!

SliverStang said:
well mabey you could just trade the stang in on a chevy! and yall stop hittin on my girl!

i know mustang_chic on a personal level. not only is she really cute, funny, and always smells great, she loves cars. she knows more about cars than some guys i know. how can you not hit on her!!! :drool: sorry amy, couldn't resist! hope to see you wednesday night at tc.

Mustang_chic said:
what all does a tune up consist of? yep, i know.. my dumb questions are killing you softly! :rolleyes:

Wires and spark plugs that is basicly it. Have your coils checked out too. My 96 GT coils were still good after 100,000 miles. But hell you never know.

Damn i think its hard being a girl on stangnet. Almost every thread you would make a guy is trying to hook up with you. :nonono:

Amy as for your little quote its cute but you better hope its not a LS1 and a stater trooper behind you when you do that. :rolleyes: :D

GoBabyVroommm said:
Wires and spark plugs that is basicly it. Have your coils checked out too. My 96 GT coils were still good after 100,000 miles. But hell you never know.

Damn i think its hard being a girl on stangnet. Almost every thread you would make a guy is trying to hook up with you. :nonono:

Amy as for your little quote its cute but you better hope its not a LS1 and a stater trooper behind you when you do that. :rolleyes: :D

or me!

GoBabyVroommm said:

Yeah, yeah! I know! :p and thanks for the advise. i took my car in yesterday to have my plugs done but they couldn't do it right then. but they did hook my car up to a computer and it threw out a code saying something to do with my o2 sensor not working properly. i'm sure that's not the reason why my car bogged down in second, but i'm sure it's not helping either. they were about to close and really didn't have time to look into the code further. i'm taking it back on saturday.

GoBabyVroommm said:

Bring on the LS1s, they're fast, but not so fast that somebody should be scared of them.Now the state trooper is a different story, they probably hate me more than those LS1 boys,and can get me in A LOT more trouble.

Mustang_chic said:
Yeah, yeah! I know! :p and thanks for the advise. i took my car in yesterday to have my plugs done but they couldn't do it right then. but they did hook my car up to a computer and it threw out a code saying something to do with my o2 sensor not working properly. i'm sure that's not the reason why my car bogged down in second, but i'm sure it's not helping either. they were about to close and really didn't have time to look into the code further. i'm taking it back on saturday.

the o2 will not do that most likely.. the plugs that are put in ur car are 100,000 mile platinum plugs... they should not have to be changed.. but unless ur o2 is really bad and u are running lean or rich the car still should not do that... u have to feel the car when it loses power.. does it feel like a misfire ?

GTvert01 said:
Bring on the LS1s, they're fast, but not so fast that somebody should be scared of them.Now the state trooper is a different story, they probably hate me more than those LS1 boys,and can get me in A LOT more trouble.

LS1 aren't the fastest things out there but damn my friends have some fast ones. People with stangs have to pay a pretty penny to beat them. Damn them being able to run high 12s low 13s out the box. :mad: <good driver>

Mustang Chic just get NNNNAAWWzzzzz won't have that problem anymore. :rolleyes: j/k

NFCStang said:
Hmmmm....didn't know it came as an option. I think I remember that the 99-00 had the control behind the shifter by the arm rest and cup holders. 01 they moved it to the dash in front of the shifter. Am I an idiot?

I would still check the coils. Have the trans checked as well....

I have a 99 and the button is in front of the shifter, I belive it was an option in 99. And it became a different shaped button in 2000 or 2001 same general place, it went from a rectangle to a square button.

-john
theres a million reasons you could of lost power, hopefully it doesn't happen again.

Mustang_chic said:
Thanks for all your help guys!! :D

I found out for sure today that I have 2 O2 sensors that's bad and a really bad fuel filter. I just had the fuel filter changed like 2 months ago and this leads me to believe that the shop never actually did it. BASTARDS! :mad:

-Amy

That is consistent with the symptoms you described. I hope that's all it is. Good luck. :nice: