Losing Power

chuckystang

Jul 12, 2004
Anyone have any idea why every now and then I notice that from like 4k to 6k I have a loss in power to the real wheels. I notice it mostly in first gear, for instance when I accelerate, the car climbs as normal to about 4 or 5k but then instead of climbing progressively faster to the redline it seems to be held back and the power just isint getting to the wheels. My engine seems to be fine and no weird noises or smoke or anything obvious. Could this be something in my rearend?? clutch?? or something in the drivetrain? thats what Im thinking :(

• Sponsors (?)

77k, but the CF dual friction has like 4k with new cable. but i was not aware that a slipping clutch could occur even after ive engaged 1st, because it is only in that gear. it is pretty noisy, probably throwout bearing, i just had a performance shop look at it and they said its fine but i should have used a stock cobra clutch aha, oh well, but they adjusted my cable and havent felt that loss in power to the rear yet, so ill keep ya updated :spot: