loss of power at operating temps

bdp55

Jun 14, 2006
My car loses a lot of power once it is at operating temp for more then a few minutes. As soon as it reaches operating temp it pulls really strong for about 5 min and then it falls on its face, the car never overheats or even comes close. I thought at first it was the high temps outside (95-100 degrees), but I took it out last weekend and it was only in the 60's but the same thing. The bypass valve doesn't seem to be getting stuck open, and it still idles fine and cruises like normal. It is just under a load that is seems like I took the blower back off, I can be going 25mph in first and floor it and it won't even break the tires loose like it usually does without a problem. The fuel pressure is good and consistent, it isn't detonating and it seems to still be building boost as it should. Any ideas?

• Sponsors (?)

My car loses a lot of power once it is at operating temp for more then a few minutes. As soon as it reaches operating temp it pulls really strong for about 5 min and then it falls on its face, the car never overheats or even comes close. I thought at first it was the high temps outside (95-100 degrees), but I took it out last weekend and it was only in the 60's but the same thing. The bypass valve doesn't seem to be getting stuck open, and it still idles fine and cruises like normal. It is just under a load that is seems like I took the blower back off, I can be going 25mph in first and floor it and it won't even break the tires loose like it usually does without a problem. The fuel pressure is good and consistent, it isn't detonating and it seems to still be building boost as it should. Any ideas?

Hmm...maybe the coolant temperature sense? Have you looked at the plugs?

Check plugs and your COP boots to see if one works its way loose. Or I had a similar problem and a COP itself was about to take a crap on me.

Sounds alot like spark to me since you said fuel and no issues with the blower building boost as you go through the gears.