Lost Key

EachIt

Founding Member
Jun 27, 2002
Chicago
Hey guys, I lost one of the 2 original keys to my mustang and never had a duplicate made. Ive heard conflicting stories about how much a pain this is (how expensive it is). I know that its extremely simple to make extra VATS keys if you have two keys, but what should I expect to pay for a 2nd key? I just dont want to lose this key someday and be SOL.

thanks

• Sponsors (?)

This has happened to me. It actually really sucked, cuz I was at the beach,and only had 1 set of keys left. Well, those dissapeared somewhere. So I had to get my car towed to the closest ford dealership, so they could make new keys for me. The keys were about 60 bucks each... but the keyless entry thing.. now thats the expensive part! Its at least 200 bucks from the dealer for those!

mcmmotorsports said:
We charge $25 just to cut the key and the Service Dept charges $25 to program it.
If you look in your owners manual, it shows how you can program it yourself.
So $25 is all it would be.

the owners manual shows you how to program a key provided that you have 2 existing programmed keys. If you only have 1 key, the second key needs to be programmed using the WDS as mentioned above? Just out of curiousity, what does WDS stand for and how's it work???