Lost To A Camaro

Thatsweetstang

Nov 4, 2013
Ca
As the title states I got killed. Not as bad as you might think, I had him off the line and was about 2 car lengths in front of him, but when I tired to shift into 2nd it would not let me.

I was grinding until my car went down to 4200 RPM's and by then I was too far behind and he stayed a steady car length ahead of me. I could have beaten him.

I talk to him after, he had a 1995 lt1 auto camaro with 185000 on it. I should have had him easily :/ now I'm searching for a place to rebuild my trans, it's been giving me problems for years but today was sad.

I'll get him next time! I figure since I'll be in there might as well do a pi motor swap ;) good plans for the future.

Last edited:
  • Sponsors (?)

Lt1's are pretty stout. My buddy has a 94 ws6 trans am and it is faster then a pi, But most camaros are auto and abused. I'm a ls1 firebird fan myself ;). I can't remember the last lt1 anything I've driven and was impressed. Ls1 abused it still pretty impressive but these new cars are killing us.

I can shift ;( my car will grind in any gear if I get on it now. Been driving stick since I was 15 for DD. The mustang is the only car I've owned that grinds if your RPM's are too high.