lot's of pics of a V6 work in progress

soonerkid_68

Apr 11, 2005
Hi all,

My '98 V6 is nearing completion (for now) and I wanted to offer up some pics. Please go here and let me know what you think.

The site itself is a work in progress so if you follow links to go elsewhere they may be broken or nonfunctional.

Mods-Exterior:
MAC Cat Back/Polished Tips
MAC CAI
MAC Underdrive Pullys
Crystal Clear Headlights and Clear/Diamond Cut Side Blinkers
Crystal Clear Tail Lights/Custom Paint-Match Tail Light Inserts
Clear 3rd Brake Light Lens
18"x9" Polished 5 Spoke Retro Cobra Replica Rims
245/40/18 Sumitomo Tires
Running Pony Center Caps
1.25" Aluminum Wheel Spacers (Rear)
14" Billet Shorty Antenna

Mods-Interior:
Polished UPR Billet: Door Switch Kit & Cruise Control Buttons
Satin MGW Billet: AOD Shift Handle and O/D Button Relocate Bracket,
E-Brake Handle, 2-Tone A/C Knobs, Running Pony Cig Lighter,
Running Pony Power Outlet Plug, Headlight Knob, Door Lock Pins,
Tilt Steering Lever and Turn Signal Lever
Black Armrest Door Inserts (To make the door switch kit stand out)
Black Door Handle Cups
SONY Main Deck
Infinity Kappa 5x7 (Stock Locations)
Infinity Kappa 12" Sub/Custom Built and Carpeted Box
ALPINE 4 Channel (Driving Cab Speaks)
ALPINE 2 Cannel (Bridged for 12" Sub)

Mods That Are Here But Not Installed Yet:
Mustang Tuning Chin Spoiler
Clear Diamond Cut Rear/Side Reflectors
White/Silver Reverse Glow Dash Guages

Mods that are in the VERY near future:
Ford Racing Tokico Shocks, Struts, Springs and Sway Bars Package
MAC Strut Tower Brace
T-Lock

I will, of course, update as things progress. Thanks for lookingand any feedback will be appreciated. Sorry this is so long.
Sooner

• Sponsors (?)

They sound awsome!

But it depends on what sound your looking for. They have a sweet low grumble that isn't too loud. They get to screaming a bit when the hammer goes down but even then it's not annoying. Idol sounds mean.

When I started to put this car together, I wanted to keep it stylish and retain a touch of class. I didn't want to go extreme on anything. Flow40's are too damn loud and annoying and stock is, well, stock. This MAC system is a VERY nice middle ground.

Thanks for looking!
Sooner

looks good. i really like the ultra clear fogs.

i am of the camp that altezza are not good looking, but in some cases i think that sometimes they are decent looking. like your car. mostly because you painted the bezel to match the car, i cant stand when the tail light bezel doesnt match the car and most altezza lights have a chrome bezel. i dont even like it black. so :nice: with only a 1/2 point deducted for the tail lights.

ps. i like the 3rd brake light.

Hey, I am not one to like altezza lights on a normal basis, but you have done a fine job with them. You've done a fine job with the whole car, only drawback is the transmission. How much did the rims cost? I've been looking into getting the same ones, where did you get them?

thanks for the feedback 50v8! To tell all of you the truth ...I am not a big fan of altezza either but at the same time, the red OEMs do absolutly nothing for me ...when I saw these and had an opportunity to paint the bezels, I couldn't resist.

I am glad some of you don't mind them TOO much. I get nothing but compliments on the street and from friends. I know how it is around here though and I'll deal with only a half point deduction :D

Thanks for the feedback!
Sooner

Soccer,

Not much I can do with the tranny right now. To big of a mod for me to deal with at the moment. I do plan on 3.73 gears and a t-lok so it should be much improved afterwards.

The rims and tires came as a set from OE Distributors. They have a shop set up on eBay but I called them direct. Shipping was expensive to Hawaii but if your in the 48 states its not bad at all. I paid around $1300 including shipping and $60.00 extra for the running pony center caps. They come with cobra centers if you don't specify otherwise.

Thanks for the feedback!
Sooner