Loud And Good Flowing Exhaust?

• Sponsors (?)

I have BBK LTs, a Dr. Gas Xpipe and a Dynomax Ultraflow Stainless catback. Overall, I like it a lot. Every Mustang that I see around me almost always has the h-pipe/Flowmaster combo. My exhaust flows great (you can see right through the mufflers), and it overall, pretty quiet. It does get pretty loud (and sounds really good :nice: ) after 4,000 rpm though. FWIW, when I first got my catback and still had the stock h and headers, it was barely louder than stock :notnice: . Most people would have thought it was stock. After the rest of the exhaust though, Im very satisfied.

viperos said:
ok, so you don't think that an O/R H w/ some magnaflow aluminized mufflers (4x9x14) will be too loud, and still give me good flow huh, cool... thnx a lot guys... now I just need to find a place that sells them cheap :nice: (another month of research ahead...)

-I'm gonna get some 3.5" mac tips too I think... just for the look...

-I already have 2.5" piping for exhaust... as far as I can tell anyway...
Get the Magnaflow catback system. There is a guy on eBay who sells them for dirt cheap. Unless someone has changed the exhaust, it is 2.25", not 2.5". I would get an X-pipe too. With a straight through design than Magnaflow has, the X sounds much much better. I work at my neighbors exhaust shop when he needs an extra hand, and I can tell you from first hand experience that you should get either an X-pipe or a Prochamber. Prochambers sound like a mix of the two (H and X).

Joe

I just recently (past week) ripped out the entire stock exhust on my 95 Cobra and bought a set of Summit H-pipes (no cats, no resonators...or however you spell it) then stuck a pair of Flowmaster two chambers on the end. Now granted my exhust stops just infront of my back tires (going to fix that one day) but damned if she doesnt sound evil at an idle and screams like a demon at 80 in 3ed gear. I also put in a Venom 400 chip set (the one that ties into the TPS and MAS without having to replace your entire computer) and it alone makes her sound better as well. So...I guess im getting at H-pipes and flowmasters seem to work very well.

Like Joes95GT said longtube headers are 10 times quieter at idle and driving speed than shorties are , and yes , I did'n know that before I got my installed , that pissed me off little bit , but long tubes is better than shorties so I don't care