Loud Bang and Clunking from Rear (HELP)

After a nice couple donuts in the parking lot (little snow here n there) I parked my car. Came outside a few hours later and noticed a clunking noise coming from the rear. Very inconsistent, in and out of gear. Couldnt see under my car... so I dont know if its a rear sway bar broken or u joints or what. BUT, the sound happens even when i'm out of gear, cruising to astop. I was out tonight and comnig to a stop at about 5 mph My car made a HORRIBLE BANG, scared the crap out of me. sounded about the same as when my old tranny kicked me out of 5th gear when it shattered/broke. I cant imagine its the ujoints. it was a loud bang, not just a clunk. Im confused, hoping someone can give me some kind of idea of whats going on here. Has nothing to do with the rpms of the engine... i know that, so atleast its not the engine. I have a rebuilt tranny in it, but its not sounding like its comin from that. Thanks,

Ryan

• Sponsors (?)

k well first off... it wasnt doing it at all when i just drove it. but an hour ago on the way home it was. I checked the drive shaft, and every bolt was loose. I can hear the driveshaft clunk when i drop the clutch... but i wouldnt understand why that would make a noise when im out of gear just cruisin at idle... and it wouldnt explain the loud bang. what do you think?

put some loctite on the bolts,tighten them up,take it for a drive.the noise cruising at idle might just be from a little hesitation in the drivetrain,if the clunk doesnt go away check control arm bushings,tq boxes,shocks etc,keep me posted