Loud exhaust and getting pulled over for it

So far I've never been pulled over for my exhaust. Of all the times I've been stopped, only once was it even mentioned. At the time I was running fms shorties, off-road H, and Super Turbo catback.

The officer never looked underneath the car but gave me a little verbal warning about, "modified exhaust". FYI, the reason he pulled me over is he caught me just as I was about to do something stupid. lol Told me to slow it down and went on his way.

Nowadays, I keep cats on the car.

• Sponsors (?)

i have a completely stock exhaust system on my 85, except for the Magnaflow mufflers. i was hoping to get a flowmaster type sound(loud and burly), but instead i got this :taco: ass whirl(Barely noticable than stock) cost me $260. about 5 months later i went to a muffler shop and got a cut out after the headers(duh) but before the cat(pretty much open headers) louder than jesus at an abortion clinic. but i got a cap made to fit on so it goes through the stock/quiet exhaust system, and two bolts later its loud again. looks like this:

E Engine
Y headers go into single pipe
| single pipe
C1 cut out
C2 catilyc converter
| single pipe
^ Branches into 2 pipes
MM one muffler on each pipe in the back

i got pulled over once, for barely making a red light and there was a motorcycle cop behind an SUV so i didnt see him. he pulled me over and said my exhaust was really loud, then he said it didnt sound "Raced Out" but more like somthing was broken, so i totally agreed with him and said that its pretty old and i think some of the piping might be rusted through (i live in CA next to the beach).

stupid cop. just recently i got it impounded twice. cost me about 1200 total to get it out.

I got an X-pipe and Dynomax Bullits, talk about an ear ring. Never been pulled over *knock on wood*, but i have turned quite a few cops heads and set off a few car alarms. Weird, but cool thing is the cops in my town always pulled over riced out hondas. Course you drive by the station and notice the cops drive Mustang GT's and other V8 vehicles and trucks :flag:

I went throught the safety inspection here in Germany in Dec...There was a ricer in front of me with that old "fart tube" set up.. :notnice: .He failed for being too loud, so I was oh S&^*t I have a 2 1/2 in ORH w/ 2ch Flows..I thought I was gonna fail too...but when that old man took it for the brake test, he came back grinning ear-to-ear :flag: He loved it...I haven't had it read on a Db meter but I do constantly set off alarms on Post and In the cities through Here.

i hate pigs, i dont like harley guys either, they sit at every light reving there engine like crazy so everyone can here the annoyingly loud pipes, if we were to rev our cars at every light they would think were showing off or something but its cool for a harley guy to do it, i was in my moms outlander once at a light and htis harley guy pulls up behind me and hes sitting there just reving his engine so i just put it in nuetrul and rev it up to like 6k so he could hear it, just to show him i can rev my engine too, i wish i was in my stang that would have looked better then in some family car lol

thats kinda weird how it works isnt it, we hate them cause they hate on us cause we hate them, maybe if we just all just liked each other things would be better and we wouldnt get tickets for bs stuff!! :banana:

I live in a community that thinks that everything that emits light, radio frequency or noise is a nusiance. They say if it can be heard 12 feet away it is too loud (not really law just more lies from figures of authority). Unless it is stock. My diesel pickup can be heard from 2 blocks away but since it came from the factory like that, it is ok.

The daytime limit for stuff like that in my city is 66 db in the daytime from 100 feet away. Less than that at night. Neighbors have a field day with that one.