Loud squeak/squeal when turning

grn4banger

Founding Member
Feb 15, 2001
Nazareth/ PSU, PA
Hey guys,

A recent problem I've been dealing with is that after driving the car around a little while (maybe 6-7 miles or so), the suspension makes loud squeaks/squeals when turning or stopping. I also noticed that when I turn the vent on, it smells like power steering fluid. The mechanic wasn't able to duplicate this problem, so maybe one of you has an idea or has had this issue. Thanks.

-Justin

• Sponsors (?)

all i know is that when the powersteering fluid level was low on my mom's pontiac when she turned left under power it made lots of noise.
i dont really know what your problem is. try just listening to the sound and try to think of what exactly it sounds like. bushing squeaking, metal to metal..etc.

I had a similar problem with my '94. I didn't smell any power steering fluid, but my problem turned out to be the tie-rod ends and the ball joints. All they needed was a good greasing.

If you plan on doing this, your probably going to need a grease-gun needle, cuz the factory ball joints and tie-rod ends both don't have grease nipples.