Loud "sqweeky" nosies when driving...

Discussion in 'Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech' started by admstng, Dec 23, 2003.

1. admstng

admstng New Member

what is needed to be done to cut down the nosie of my suspension when driving. I have no idea if it is the suspension or what.. but i'll hit some small bumps and the car sounds like a POS... fyi, the car has been lowered a little (i think, sits little lower than stock).. any replies are appriciated. thnx

2. SuperchargedB87

Founding Member

Put in new coil spring isolators or grease the spings where they hit metal, they tend to make noise there. Also subframe connectors seem to help take creeks out of the body. And grease the control arm bushings and just about anything else that has a grease fitting and you should be good to go.

3. 87gtconvt

87gtconvt New Member

Mine squeeks really badly when its raining or had recently rained, i had it checked out and they said that the lower control arm was frozen. I figure i can live with it, thats a couple hundred dollars that could make my car faster :p

4. admstng

admstng New Member

I don't work on cars anymore due to my lack of time, would this be expensive to get done ya think?

I had a convertible, that was worse than my notch... the hooks that latch the top to windsheild would always get loose causing the top to bang around..