loudest set of flowmasters???

Can someone actually explain to me the real problem with flowmasters? I have them on my car and love them, actually i would never waste my money on any high priced pipes like Magnaflow, or borlas. IMO flowmasters, and mac catbacks are the best sounding exhaust on mustangs. But again thats my opinion!

+1

i have had flows on 3 mustangs and 3 chevy trucks. all sounded amazing and never ever had a problem with quality or sound. Everybody has their opinions though.

Im sorry. but "dronemasters" sound awesome to me.

sorry back on track. not sure which ones the loudest. i have always ran 40s

• Sponsors (?)

All exhausts reponses

Im pretty sure the 40's are the loudest. Its simple flowmasters are a great exhaust for the people with less money or the ones who choose not to spend the extra money on stainless steel stuff. The sound each muffler makes is subjective theres no definitive way to tell what sounds the best. Ive had flowmasters on my camaro that sounded awesome and were fairly priced, Ive also had borla exhaust (spent close to a thousand dollars) that sounded awful and were a terrible fit, needed lots of modifications. Flows are awesome and they sound tough, really common but theres a reason why people buy them.:nice:

I still can't see how my 10 series mufflers aren't the loudest. Right on the Flowmaster website, it says:

"Single Chamber mufflers. Intended for customers who desire the loudest and most aggressive sound they can find. Because these mufflers are so aggressive, they are recommended only for off highway use and not for street driven vehicles."

The mufflers are 5.75 in. x 8.00 in. x 3.00 in. Not much going on there to muffle anything, I assure you!

10 Series Mufflers

Here's my setup:
10 series Flows behind an Offroad Prochamber

I have 3" dumps coming off of the Flows, but they've scraped a few times.

my 00gt had the super 44s, by far the most awesome sounding flowmaster yet. i run the 10series in my 97 with the pi swapped engine is LOUDDD lemme tell ya. its to loud i think for a DD, i never experiance drone because with 4.10s and rpms for DD is 90% of time are above 2k. i plan to swap out my 10 series for a set 40s or the 44s, hands down the flows are the best for the money. also i have a comment on the dyno testing that took place with various mufflers, it a BS shot that was taken. for 1 it was a pushrod engine and not a new mod motor, these mods sound and perform WAY better with flows, thats my 2cents. so 10series are the loudest, then the delta series, then its a toss up between the 44s and 40s, the 44s to me have a mellower tone at idle then wide ass open scream at wot

I have Flowpaths right now and I plan to change them out for Flows. They're popular for a reason, they sound great. I love the "hollow" tone that only flows make.

Best-sounding exhaust on a 2V IMO is and o/r prochamber paired with flows :drool:
YouTube - MAC Prochamber Flowmaster 40 series

Amen to that. I've been meaning to post up some vids of my car. And videos don't do justice to how good it sounds in person.

Its simple flowmasters are a great exhaust for the people with less money or the ones who choose not to spend the extra money on stainless steel stuff. QUOTE]

Dude, the ignorance continues. What a r tarded statement. I for one am fortunate enough that money spent on my cars is of no issue. And, like myself, if you actually take the time to read the thread, people put flows on they're car because they LIKE THE WAY THEY SOUND, not because they save a few hundred bucks of no consequence. :shrug:

How many threads or people have you seen that have said I bought flowmasters because it's all I can afford?

And besides all that, they make stainless......... lol

Wow, what a thread! :rlaugh:
Ok, well on mine I have the Flowmaster Super 40 series and I really like it. It really catches your attention when you first start it up, and also when you're accelerating and picking up more speed. Another nice thing about it is that it's not so overwhelmingly loud when idling that it drowns out your music, nor that you feel like you have to talk over it.
Check out all the different exhaust videos on Youtube, there's some great setups on there that can help give you an idea of what you like best! :nice:

We'll here's another 2cents. I had almost $2k spend on exhaust for 00gt, I saved my dough did my own version of UPRs o/r-x design, super44s, and factory tips. What does that do, well I saved 1500 bucks, "the best sounding stang in town" told to me by atleast a half a dozen people. And stand alone design 1 off piece built by yours truly. Oh btw all the exhaust from LTs to tail was 3". I no longer have the car back in oct of 09 my brother was killed in it when he hit a tree at more then 120mph. God rest his soul, and the best sounding stang in town