Louisiana, Anyone Interested in a Mustang Dyno Day??

...man sounds like you guys had fun! Next time I'll be there, still waiting on the hood but it should be in this week. Happy Memorial Day all

OH! and Jay, do you believe a tune would fix my idle surge under 2000rpm or should I get a chip instead?

• Sponsors (?)

for_honor said:
...man sounds like you guys had fun! Next time I'll be there, still waiting on the hood but it should be in this week. Happy Memorial Day all

OH! and Jay, do you believe a tune would fix my idle surge under 2000rpm or should I get a chip instead?
Give these guys a call, They should be able to answer your question.

AM Racing
985-690-6453

I'm going to them when I get my cams installed.

broken_joke said:
hey jay
quick question. someone had said something if the graph wasn't smooth there was an air fuel issue or was it something else?
Jacob, right? If the graph was a bit unsmooth, are you referring to the graph going up and down or side to side? There are many variables when it comes to deciphering a graph. It could be other factors other than the engine. I've seen charts where the wheel and tire or either one makes a difference on how the grap looks.

If your chart had a tendency of sweeping up and down a lot then it could be your timing and your afr. Something that was very tough to gauge on your car due to the location of your exhaust pipe. Also the location of your bung, for us to put only the o2 sensor, was impossible to get to for a shootout day.

Let me know if there is anything else that I can answer for you. Thanks for attending this past weekend. :nice:

coramprat said:
Great time Jay...Looking forward to doing it again ones I finish up my cam swap. Definatly will set it up with you when I'm ready for another run. Thanks again...

Rick
Thanks for coming out Rick. Glad you could make it out there yesterday. It was a pleasure meeting you and everyone else. We'll be looking forward to having your car back up on the dyno whenever you're ready to tune it with the new cam. also, with the Corr Performance sticker on your car, you'll get a 10% discount on your next dyno session but not on dyno day events. :nice:

jay
thanks for the reply! i was mainly just wondering after looking at my graph and my dad's. his was pretty smooth, mine had some spikes in the beginning of the run and was kinda choppy from there. i know that i probably have some air fuel issues. it's cool though still had a good time and yall have a neat setup out there. maybe if i can get some of this issues resolved i'll come out for another pull! you know i can't let my dad show me up like that!
thanks
jake

broken_joke said:
jay
thanks for the reply! i was mainly just wondering after looking at my graph and my dad's. his was pretty smooth, mine had some spikes in the beginning of the run and was kinda choppy from there. i know that i probably have some air fuel issues. it's cool though still had a good time and yall have a neat setup out there. maybe if i can get some of this issues resolved i'll come out for another pull! you know i can't let my dad show me up like that!
thanks
jake
Jake,

your chart does appear that you need to work more on your afr as well as your timing. this could make a significant change in your chart and the way it looks. if you want to sort that out we can try and hook up the sensor to the bung that you have since your location for the muffler is at a difficult spot to get to. Let me know if you're wanting to get this worked out and we'll be happy to set up a day for you. Yeah, you DEFINITELY dont want that SS showin ya up! thanks for coming.

Kraw said:
I was just going to watch, not participate.

Maybe I'll bring the goat in for a dyno one day. I'm sure Kboy will be happy then :D

I am never going to see that car down here. :shrug: Anyway I was down at the dyno day for a couple of minutes. I was dropping off a cam tool for Coramprat. I got to see the 05 GT dyno. Pretty nice.