Louvers

Just got my 07 GT on monday night. Loving it.
This car is the reason I started driving 20 years ago!
my matchbox car fantasies are being fulfilled.

Anybody have recommendations on rear qtr window louvers?
I have seen quite a few on the web, but I am concerned about the limited visibility and the physical appearance as I have seen a few styles.

any thoughts?

• Sponsors (?)

I like the look but hate the fact it blocks visibility. They all do. There are a few with slots that aren't as bad. But I must park every day in a spot where visibility is really needed. With the louvers I'd probably have a collision very quickly.
The Saleen louvers could be an option. They add a little style and don't cover the windows. They initially weren't available but Saleen's web site now has them.
Remember, though, that the first Shelbys had clear windows. They took the vents out of the fastback Mustangs and replaced them with clear glass.
I've probably going to leave mine uncovered.

Gorilla68 said:
Just got my 07 GT on monday night. Loving it.
This car is the reason I started driving 20 years ago!
my matchbox car fantasies are being fulfilled.

Anybody have recommendations on rear qtr window louvers?
I have seen quite a few on the web, but I am concerned about the limited visibility and the physical appearance as I have seen a few styles.

any thoughts?

The Roush louvers are the hottest, IMO. I have a set, and they really, really set the car off. Adjusting the mirrors on the passenger side helps restore visibility (I have to lean forward to check it, but I can see what is coming). The slits are real (don't laugh, some are painted black to look like slits) and do allow some visibility. You can aslo add one of those bubble mirrors (like trucks put on) to increase your side views. I have had my Mustang a year and drive in Northern VA, which is just notoriously bad for driving, and have had no visibility issues so far (knock on wood!)!

They are my favorite mod!!!!

I am leaving mine as stock as possible for as long as possible. I am still finding cool stuff I didnt know I had. Like changing the colors of the instruments and all the different configurations of the gas milage monitoring. And not to mention the Sirius radio.

I just got my 07 on monday and i had the roush louvers sitting in the garage waiting to be put on. They are the best looking ones out there and are made of some good material, plus they use a bracket so u can take them off to clean the windows unlike the others.

Hey gorilla, I am getting my Alloy Metallic on Saturday morning. I really have nothing helpful to add about the louver, just wanted to say congratulations on getting yours before you had to move.

APowers said:
Wow I like that. Stop stop stop, showing me cool stuff, I'm gonna go broke if you guys dont stop. Taking a deep breath and counting to ten, putting the debit card away now, backing away from the computer slowly.

The voices in his head said, " put the debit card away", " put the debit card away"....
:eek: :jester: :spot: