love my 03 snake but damn......

badvenomm101

Dec 11, 2003
Just a question for 03 Cobra owner,my passenger seat rubs my door pretty bad, anyone got the same problem?Ford says 2003 cobra have bulkier seats anyone have the same?

ford really doesn't want my next purchase........ may have to buy a vette

• Sponsors (?)

badvenomm101 said:
Just a question for 03 Cobra owner,my passenger seat rubs my door pretty bad, anyone got the same problem?Ford says 2003 cobra have bulkier seats anyone have the same?

ford really doesn't want my next purchase........ may have to buy a vette
If I was you I would buy the vette.

There is a TSB for the seat rub. Vettes have problems too, if you aren't complaining about mustang seats, you'd complain about oil usage or locking steering columns on the vette.

TRIM—PASSENGER SEAT RUBS AGAINST DOOR PANEL
Article No. 03-1-5
FORD: 1999-2003 MUSTANG

1. Remove the front passenger seat per Workshop WARRANTY STATUS: Eligible Under The
Manual procedure listed in Section 501-10. Provisions Of Bumper To
Bumper Warranty Coverage

2. Remove the front passenger seat backrest and OPERATION DESCRIPTION TIME
latch per Workshop Manual procedure listed in 030105A Install Shims To Move 0.8 Hr.
Section 501-10. Only remove the top two bolts Seat Away From Door
of latch (Figure 1). Discard lower bolt. Trim Panel (Includes Time
To Remove And Install

3. Obtain Seat Shim Kit 1R3Z-63000A25-AB.
Seat)

4. Install four (4) of the 1.5mm-thick washers (8 DEALER CODING
included in kit with a 12.1- 12.4mm I.D.) CONDITION
between the seat backrest bracket and the seat BASIC PART NO. CODE
bottom cushion frame (Figure 2). 7661018 07
OASIS CODES: 101000, 107000, 702000, 702300

5. Install other four (4) of the 1.5mm-thick washers
between the seat backrest latch and the seat
backrest frame at the upper bolt location
(Figure 1).

6. Install the three (3) 2mm thick washers (smaller
I.D.) between the seat backrest latch and the
seat backrest frame at the lower bolt location
(Figure 1).

7. Using the bolt that is provided in the kit for the ISSUE
lower hole, Re-install the seat backrest latch Some vehicles may exhibit the passenger seat
using the reverse of the procedure listed in rubbing against the door panel or trim. This may
Section 501-10. result in a squeak type noise, especially in vehicles
equipped with leather seating. This may be caused

8. Re-install the seat backrest using the reverse of
by the seat position in the vehicle. the procedure listed in Section 501-10.
ACTION

9. Re-install seat into vehicle using the reverse of
To service, install shims (washers) to move the the procedure listed in Section 501-10.
Slide seat-back away from the door trim. Refer to the seat towards center console before tightening
following Service Procedure for details. seat to floor.
SERVICE PROCEDURE

10. Verify that seat does not touch door panel.
CAUTION PART NUMBER PART NAME
SEAT TRACK MAY BE SPRING LOADED. THIS
1R3Z-63000A25-AB Kit - Seat Shim MAY CAUSE THE SEAT TRACK TO MOVE
DURING REMOVAL.
OTHER APPLICABLE ARTICLES: NONE

NOTE: The information in Technical Service Bulletins is intended for use by trained, professional technicians with the knowledge, tools, and equipment to do
the job properly and safely. It informs these technicians of conditions that may occur on some vehicles, or provides information that could assist in proper
vehicle service. The procedures should not be performed by “do-it-yourselfers”. Do not assume that a condition described affects your car or truck. Contact a
Ford, Lincoln, or Mercury dealership to determine whether the Bulletin applies to your vehicle.
Copyright ã 2002 Ford Motor Company PAGE 1
Article No. 03-1-5 Cont’d.
Figure 1 - Article 03-1-5
Figure 2 - Article 03-1-5
PAGE 2

badvenomm101 said:
the problem i have is the way ford is treating this issue,they just don't seem like they want to help me .....

Ok, I just gave you the TSB that ford put out for this problem. So how is Ford not fixing the problem? They did treat the issue, they issued the TSB. Fix it yourself if you don't want to go to a dealer. Shouldn't take too long.

Yea, if the dealer won't do it take it to another one and/or call the customer service hotline. I'd try to get it resolved through the dealer first, they tend to get upset when they get a call from the customer service people, but then again if they would have done the right thing in the first place they wouldn't have got that call.

uhhh

Thats is one of the many Ford Quality issues with the car. I have the same thing. It wasnt noticable until someone actually sat the passenger seat for a quick test drive..then it was rubbing against the door. I think the dealer can doo something about it from what I have heard via the net. I wouldnt let them touch my car though.. Seems like mine has gone away...but I rarely have someone sit in the passenger seat.. SLows the car down too much hahaha

I try to ignore all the Ford SOund effects. I have the sqealing driversxz side window too. Its really loud...makes people look... SOmeone that works for ford told me the name of the stuff to grease the track with to fix it but i forget now.. ANYONE KNOW WHAT THAT STUFF IS CALLED?

Once my car is payed off, I am getting a nice loud exhaust to drown out all the strange noises... lets see.....

1. seat rubbing
2. sqealing window
3. popping sound from rear
4. something sounds weird when the car starts cold now too...still ran 11.7 that way so I guess its not that serious..

I too would try a vette when the day comes that I am ready for another toy.. RIght now I have to focus on keeping the Volvo alive until the stang is payed for...and then buying a new commuter.....oh and a house would be nice too :lol:

The seat isnt the only issue, It's the lack of c/s that I recieve when I call to complain about the problem with Ford and the dealer.......

p/s I'll never ever ever ever ever ever buy a vette.....

predators don't sleep with the prey......12 and 1 to c5 vettes
lost to a modz06 after i dusted his ass stock .......
7,000 he spent

thats yo ass mr vetteman.......