lovin this 03 cobra steering shaft

• Sponsors (?)

shouldnt take much more than hour, it took me 1.5 hours but I was going slow.

unbolt it underneath the dash, then jack up the car (I just put it on ramps) and unbolt the other side..

the 03 shaft is slightly longer then the stock shaft, but causes zero issues.

difference was night and day for me

I think the MM shaft has no rubber bushings/parts, but the 03 Cobra shaft has rubber bushings that will wear out over time.

Of course, at that price, you could buy several Cobra shafts for the price of one MM shaft.

I just bought the MM shaft too, but don't feel bad about it. Got tons of their stuff and I don't mind being their customer for how good their stuff has been for me.

mine had an inch or more of play in the 12 o' clock position, its basically a dead spot where you turn the wheel but it does not turn the car.

my steering was too sensitive as well .. i didnt have any problems driving but
just the slightest touch would turn the car (after the dead spot)

I dont get it. I had a lot of play too. I bought an 03 cobra steering shaft out of a wrecked cobra. It did not change anything. I still have a ton of play in my steering. I wonder if the 03 was in a front end collision and the shaft is jacked up. I only paid 10 bucks so no biggie but mine didnt help me at all.

I dont get it. I had a lot of play too. I bought an 03 cobra steering shaft out of a wrecked cobra. It did not change anything. I still have a ton of play in my steering. I wonder if the 03 was in a front end collision and the shaft is jacked up. I only paid 10 bucks so no biggie but mine didnt help me at all.

The shaft itself should have been tight (whoa tiger, that didnt come out right) when you had it out of the car (like testing a driveshaft). A worn rack and pinion (the gears inside the rack) or tie rods (notably inners) are also possible.

With an assistant manning the wheel and you at the wheels and able to see under the car, you should be able to narrow down the source of the slop.

Good luck.

The shaft itself should have been tight (whoa tiger, that didnt come out right) when you had it out of the car (like testing a driveshaft). A worn rack and pinion (the gears inside the rack) or tie rods (notably inners) are also possible.

With an assistant manning the wheel and you at the wheels and able to see under the car, you should be able to narrow down the source of the slop.

Good luck.

I have also done a remanufactured rack with new inner tie rods. Steer outer tie rod ends(bumpsteer kit). Hoping to freshen it all up. But nothing has helped.