Low RPM misfire from 1k-2k RPM's PLEEASE HELP!!! Frustrated

Keep us updated on the situation. I thought it was an O2 sensor at first since you said the problem is when the car warms up, meaning its in closed loop and using the sensors for the air/fuel mixture, but the code gives it away now. Hope the plugs fix it for ya because thats about as cheap as a misfire fix gets.

• Sponsors (?)

One last question guys, I have all the COP's off and the spark plugs out. I am going to put a light coating of anti seize on the threads. I do not have a torque wrench though, can I just tighten them hand tight and then give it a 1/4 with the ratchet? Will that be good? Also should I use that grease in the boots? Thanks a lot guys. I cannot wait to fire the beast up again.

its hard to tighten without a torque wrench but pretty much just tighten them enough to where you feel comfortable. dont crank on them like crazy tho. and you dont have to grease the boots. i never have.

I got all the plugs in and COP's and fired her up and she is not missing a beat! Thanks for the help! I was not sure if I had the COP's back on securely all the way, but when I fired her up it was not missing and it ran great. I took her for a little drive and my the power is back! I replaced all the plugs and just went ahead and put a new coil on #8. Thanks for all the help guys!

Cool, glad you fixed the problem. Funny thing is i fixed the misfire on the Cobra just 2 days ago, too. Like a whole new car...Turned out that the MAF needed to be cleaned and it cost me nothing :nice:

I got all the plugs in and COP's and fired her up and she is not missing a beat! Thanks for the help! I was not sure if I had the COP's back on securely all the way, but when I fired her up it was not missing and it ran great. I took her for a little drive and my the power is back! I replaced all the plugs and just went ahead and put a new coil on #8. Thanks for all the help guys!

Either find someone who has, or go buy a 3/8" drive torque wrench and properly torque your plugs. These 4.6's will last a good 200,000 miles without problems if you keep a watchful eye on em which means no taking for granted. The three to four threads that are in the head are the only line of defense you have against plug blow out.