low $ sources for Toyo tires?

lamrith

Founding Member
Jun 7, 2000
Tacoma, WA
I know Schwab carries them, but I am looking for either a local, or internet place to buy some Toyo's. The car has T1-s tires on it now, they seem really good but are about worn out. I am thinking to stay with those or jump up to the T1-R and also go a bit wider...

If anyone has some killer sources to save some $$ let me know!!

• Sponsors (?)

Um in my opinion schwabs and toyo's both suck! I had some "high dollar" toyos on the hooptie and it didnt even stick with them? I go to americas tire and buy either BFG's or yokes! On my 95 i had GSD3's on the rerar and yokes on the front. peace

john:p

discounttiredirect.com is one. tirerack.com. ebay. discounttire.com i think is another site also.

try your local discount tire and they will price match/beat online prices, it also drops the cost of mounting them.

i have T1 Rs on my bmw and there are way better then the last set i had on there i couldnt do any thing in the wet before now i car trun and accelerate and brake i had zexius 326i's before

Smoked - Not sure what to tell you, these worn out T1-S 225/55r16's hold hella good. even got the car hooking enough to bodyroll beyond what is comfortable with not a sign of letting go.

Black Foxx said:
bad experience ? Come see me at the Minehaha store, I'll take care of ya..

hehe I drive by there every night on my way to get lunch at Muchas / Chans / Sharis / JITB / etc...

Lets see.... there was the "out the door" price that didnt include the valve stems, m&b. This was yearsssss ago at the hillsboro store. (strike one)

Then there was the quote for m/b some cary in tires on a "1990 5.0 mustang", then after it was done there was the extra charge (like $40) cuz they were aluminum wheels. ALLLLL 1990 5.0s had aluminum wheels, I explained... it got to the point I told them to take the tires back off the car, because I wasnt going to pay the extra fee. Then and ONLY then did they agree to stand by the price they quoted. This was the Mill Plane store just E of 205 about 7 years ago. (strike two)

Then there was the refusal to mount my slicks without tubes and/or bead locks. I explained that if you run them at 20 psi you dont need tubes / bead locks / screws / whatever... but again no dice. (i carried these in by the way, not driven in) So that was the third strike. Yourrrrrrrr out.

Americas has been taking good care of me ever since. 2 sets on my stang and one on my truck. Soon to be another set on my 5.0 and then one on my fastback after that.... (I just have to fry M&E's stock skator-backs first)

Ya remember the good-ol-days when service stations, and tire places used to m&b for free when you bought tires? New valve stems were just part of the deal... it was understood (so was throwing away the old tires). In fact the whole idea of "service" was the most important thing to them. I miss those days.

DD
:flag: :nice:

lamrith said:
Smoked - Not sure what to tell you, these worn out T1-S 225/55r16's hold hella good. even got the car hooking enough to bodyroll beyond what is comfortable with not a sign of letting go.
he had a bad experiance... seems like a few guys on here have. as far as toyos being horrible, well thats just wrong... theres a reason theyve been rated #1 by jd power and assosiates for the past 8 years in a row. what size tires are you looking to go with? The t1r is a much better tire than the t1s that it replaces, lateral stability is better, traction is better and treadwear has increased quite a bit... I love my 295-35-18's.

I am thinking about 245/255 range.... depending on what is actually made/available. I have been told that is about the biggest to fit on the stock 16" ponies...

Yeah the T1-r looks nice. I hear drumor the t1-S is discontinued?

I just ordered the t1r's for my 05 in the biggest i could go for 20's. From past experience with them on friends cars is they are one of the best performance tires out there but i will put them to the test as best i can with 20's. Find someone that works at schwabs and have them get em for you. thats how i got mine and they are really cheap if you do it that way.

ZeroCool said:
I likey my t1-s. Very good traction through dry and wet enviroment. Only problem, rears seem to wear out a whole lot faster than the fronts!! Must be a design flaw!

SOunds like a car design flaw more than a tire flaw. Most likely has to do with the exponential relationship of throttle angle and fun factor built into mustangs!!:flag: :SNSign: :banana:

BayBoss said:
I just ordered the t1r's for my 05 in the biggest i could go for 20's. From past experience with them on friends cars is they are one of the best performance tires out there but i will put them to the test as best i can with 20's. Find someone that works at schwabs and have them get em for you. thats how i got mine and they are really cheap if you do it that way.
I work at the one on division and 122nd. just so you know, we cant give our discount to anyone, anyone found doing so will be fired. I learned this from an ex employee. :D