Lowered the BUSA....before/after *PICS*

hotmustang331

Apr 29, 2004
Bastrop,TX
Well FINALLY got around to doing some mods to the busa.....I have always wondered why mine never looked up to snuff. So I did a few things to it to help out the looks :D

Before....back when I first got her. Also before I got a decent camera :(

View attachment 299223

View attachment 299224

View attachment 299226

This last one sucks...but gets a good sense for the overall look.
View attachment 299228

AND NOW AFTER

View attachment 299230

View attachment 299232

View attachment 299234

View attachment 299236

View attachment 299238

View attachment 299241

And the rider :D (since you dont see many self pics on here :shrug: )

View attachment 299243

SOOOO lowered around 3 inches total in the rear....1 inch up front, cut off the mudflap, and made that bracket so I had a place for the plate :)....will order new LED tail light so I have rear blinkers haha.

Thanks for looking :flag:

• Sponsors (?)

WOW!!! Sick bike... Im sure even with a Termi, & a 331 stroker coupe, the Busa would be the biggest adrenaline rush of all.... Looks alot better lowered...

Props for putting a self pic up, because nobody ever does. I was just thinking today that there should be a thread posted up with members pics just because sometimes its good to put an actual face with a name....:flag:

WOW!!! Sick bike... Im sure even with a Termi, & a 331 stroker coupe, the Busa would be the biggest adrenaline rush of all.... Looks alot better lowered...

Props for putting a self pic up, because nobody ever does. I was just thinking today that there should be a thread posted up with members pics just because sometimes its good to put an actual face with a name....:flag:

I was thinking that too. I also noticed the rear tire a little worn there:D. I'll bet that thing is a beast. I've been thinking of getting a bike for a while now. At 5'7" i don't think i'd be getting a busa though. It looks sick lowered man nice bike

Thanks everyone....im glad you like it :)

As far as handling goes, I havnt rode it yet but I expect the turn in to be a bit heavier. Only thing is im really trying to get out of going fast through the twisties. The left side of my tire had about a 1/16 inch of untouched rubber, the last time I went toe to toe with a 05 GSXR 600 through some REALLY tight twisties. He couldnt shake me either lol...and hes been riding for about 15K miles (dragging knee and pretty aggressive)....iv had 5K experience most of which highway.
I was pushing it right to the edge...and well after wards I decided that doubling all posted turn advisory signs was a bit dangerous and I wasnt going to do that anymore.

SO with that said, handling isnt a main priority anymore due to my nature.

And we shall see how streeable it is today....ill be taking it out here in a bit :D

Thanks everyone....im glad you like it :)

As far as handling goes, I havnt rode it yet but I expect the turn in to be a bit heavier. Only thing is im really trying to get out of going fast through the twisties. The left side of my tire had about a 1/16 inch of untouched rubber, the last time I went toe to toe with a 05 GSXR 600 through some REALLY tight twisties. He couldnt shake me either lol...and hes been riding for about 15K miles (dragging knee and pretty aggressive)....iv had 5K experience most of which highway.
I was pushing it right to the edge...and well after wards I decided that doubling all posted turn advisory signs was a bit dangerous and I wasnt going to do that anymore.

SO with that said, handling isnt a main priority anymore due to my nature.

And we shall see how streeable it is today....ill be taking it out here in a bit :D

well being a rider myself. i very highly doubt a busa can hang with any 600 on twisties... u guys run out of tire and start riding on the sidewall after leaning so far...and especially with that 3" drop that will def hurt... no offense... but i think busas are overplayed... i will always put my money on a zx-10r over a busa anyday....a 600 dragging knee in twisties would leave ya... i call :bs: to hanging with him if he was...

looks good I would love to have a busa, but they're a little heavy for me. right now im actually trying to get rid of the 07 750 I have for an 08/09 1000 hopefully financing will come through