lowering spring install....

so a while back i installed the 1" lowering springs on my 69 fastback from national parts depot... only one problem... when the suspension i completely unloaded the spring is pretty loose in the pocket. (could probably fall out if the shock wasnt in the middle of it.) has anyone experienced this? is there a way to put a large bump stop on the car to limit full unloading of the suspension?

• Sponsors (?)

I think with the shock and sway bar in place you won't have a problem. I would be surprised if you did, otherwise this would be a common thing and there would be a fix that people normally use. Put the rest of the suspension together and it should be fine.

I think with the shock and sway bar in place you won't have a problem. I would be surprised if you did, otherwise this would be a common thing and there would be a fix that people normally use. Put the rest of the suspension together and it should be fine.

everything is together, the only thing not installed are the shocks. it was just odd because i had to compress the stock spring and the aftermarket slide right in.

I have those springs installed on my 68, along with the shelby drop. When the car is up on stands and the suspension is hanging the bottom of the spring is just touching the saddle, but it is still secure. Unless you plan on taking on any jumps, I would not worry about it.