Lowering spring isolators

• Sponsors (?)

Not sure if the quality of the ride will suffer, but you can get alot more noise(squeaking) w/o the isolators.

I did a bit of reading before i progressed into this and from what I found you can get about another .5 inch by not using the isolators and wont squeak as long as you either tape or wrap them with something.

So I used the top isolator and taped the bottom pigtail.

Finished the front in about 1 1/2 hours and called it a night,will do the rest in the morning.

Then I will be getting the tint put on!!

Back in the day, the spring manufacturers always recommended removing the isolators for better handling. After lots of complaints about ride quality, they started leaving it up to the option of the owner. I've never heard of using tape. That's a good idea.

Kurt

Back in the day, the spring manufacturers always recommended removing the isolators for better handling. After lots of complaints about ride quality, they started leaving it up to the option of the owner. I've never heard of using tape. That's a good idea.

Kurt

Well I spent some time reading about it last night after i had the first spring out and i couldnt come to putting the bottom isolator on.

I was reading it gives it about another .5" drop and doesn't effect the ride quality much to notice but you have the chance of squeakiness occurring unless you 1-Wrap the pigtail in rubberized tape or 2-cut a old bike tire intertube off and slide it over the pigtail.

I didnt have a bike lying around :shrug:

I removed my lower iso's.....I did not wrap the pig tails with anything. The springs did squeek and groan until they settled in which took 1 day of bombing around town. Now they are fine, no noise what so ever. Anything that can give these drop springs a little rake is better IMHO. Its hard to tell on my car since i have 225's up front, and 255's in the rear, but most of the time that ive noticed, leaving the iso's in makes the these cars look tall up front. Here are some pics, they are eibach pro kit springs

Attachments

• mustang 002.jpg
    mustang 002.jpg
    191.7 KB · Views: 156
  • musturd 016.jpg
    musturd 016.jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 178