Lowering springs for the 2.3

1 bad pony

Jan 7, 2013
Los Angeles
So I've been wanting to lower my fox but can't find any springs for the 4 cylinder.... What are you guys running?? I'm pretty sure if I throw in some 5.0 springs I'm gonna have a prerunner stang!! Haha let me know what to do. Oh and no I don't have the money for fancy coil over setup this is the daily driver all my money's going to my 95 gt right now!

• Sponsors (?)

I ran cut coils on the front of my old '90 hatch for awhile, I cut off I think a coil and a half? Can't remember, it really didn't affect the ride much. The back springs are more difficult, not sure if anyone sells the rear springs separately nowadays for the Foxes (they do for the 05-09 cars), but if they do that's not a bad route.

My car with the Eibach ProKit springs

MemoryStickDC 096.jpg

Here's one. I added the 17" cobra r's when I swapped over the tc front brakes and rear end. This pic is still with the 14's and stock springs and shocks.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1371597031513.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1371597031513.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 320
  • uploadfromtaptalk1371597078167.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1371597078167.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 294
Wow those make your car look great! I'm gonna look into those!l just out of curiosity what size rims are those?
I haven't checked my post in a while, but see that you got the EibachProkit springs as well. Yes, the wheels and tires are TRX. Only place to get the tires now is Coker Tires which makes "antique" tires and they are quite expensive. Looking for your post with pics to see how your car turned out.