lowering springs How much$ to be installed?

• Sponsors (?)

$200.00-$300.00 for installation. Do the shocks & struts when you put the springs in. It will save you down the road because the stock shocks aren't valved to work well when you lower your car. If you have mechanical experience have the right tools and are comfortable working on cars, then you could probably do the install. Otherwise pay the couple of hundred $$ and get the job done right the first time...

I don't want to hijack your thread matsm21, but is it always necessary to install aftermarket c/c plates when you lower? I've heard that if you don't lower it anymore than two inches, you don't have to add c/c plates. Can anyone respond to this? Also, can anyone recommend a good (and not outrageously expensive) combo (springs/shocks/struts)?

TIA

ShadowGT said:
I don't want to hijack your thread matsm21, but is it always necessary to install aftermarket c/c plates when you lower? I've heard that if you don't lower it anymore than two inches, you don't have to add c/c plates. Can anyone respond to this? Also, can anyone recommend a good (and not outrageously expensive) combo (springs/shocks/struts)?

TIA

i've heard that it was 1.25", but from what i remember, im lowered atleast 2.75" or more in the front as well as the rear, without the c/c plates it would have screwed me over so bad :(

if you plan to lower it down that much, then you better get them, they are cheap anyways

I went with the steeda sport springs and I didnt use c/c plates. So far everything is good. They have been on several months. No unusual wear and the steering wheel is perfectly straight and the car goes straight down the road.

Volldamort said:
I thought the same thing.. :shrug:

For the Lowering question, it depend how low your going, the spring kit you'll buy will tell you if you need Caster/Camber plate and for the shock/strut thing, I still have my Factory one and no problem at all so far and my springs has been replaced a year ago for a Pro-Kit from Eibach..

I did the install myself and it was easy to do but again I don't know how you're with mechanic work.. :shrug:

Here's a link to guide you for a do it yourself installation Linky

Link is from a Mod here(Spreadman)

IMO a lowered car looks always good.. :nice:

fcab05dd.jpg

ShadowGT said:

TIA
Generally if you don't go past a 1.5" drop you won't need c/c plates. I'm using eibach pro kit and didn't need c/c plates. The mach 1 tokicos work well with these springs. This combo works pretty well as far as a good lowered look and nice firm ride. Cost isn't too bad either...
http://members.cardomain.com/kennym01

I drove on it for about 2 weeks also, but when I tired to get it aligned that guy said I needed a camber kit ( a small screw ) Is this true?or is the guy not know what he's talking about? I've been riding around for almost 2 months with a proper alignment cause $$$ is low right now.