Lowering Springs/Sway Bars

MyGG

May 14, 2010
Indiana
Anyone ever hear of Vogtland? I hadn't heard of them, but I saw them on the J&M site. Lowers 1.2in which is what I wanted (more than 1 but less than 1.5 like nearly every other manufacturer). Just wondered if anyone had experience, if not I'll just go with Roush or FRPP. These were cheaper and according to J&M are supposed to be better than Eibach which I know are used a lot.

Also, does the actual sway bar manufacturer matter much? It seems most sway bars are the same size for the S197. Would I notice the difference between brands that were sized the same when driving?

Thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Vogtland springs are pretty popular for other applications. The manufacturer I believe is German I haven't heard anything really bad other then springs might not sit properly i.e. a corner of the car may sit lower then the rest but what spring manufacturer doesn't have that problem, you run into that once in a while. As for sway bar manufacturers even though the diameters may be different hollow or solid sway bar can affect its performance. You need to look into the pros and cons of each style and make the decision based on what you're looking for as far as performance.