Lowering the stang. Help!

I would like to lower the stang, however, the lack of knowledge on what is good is keeping me from doing so. :shrug: I would like to lower about 2" in the front and 1.5 or so in the back. I would also like some feedback on any other mods that need to be done in order to lower the vehicle. Please help on the spring situation.I have heard that Eibach is good, however, I am just looking for something that will be half way cheap. I drive a 2000 V6 stang with the 17inch bullitt rims. Thanks for any help.

• Sponsors (?)

speed38stang said:
I would like to lower the stang, however, the lack of knowledge on what is good is keeping me from doing so. :shrug: I would like to lower about 2" in the front and 1.5 or so in the back. I would also like some feedback on any other mods that need to be done in order to lower the vehicle. Please help on the spring situation.I have heard that Eibach is good, however, I am just looking for something that will be half way cheap. I drive a 2000 V6 stang with the 17inch bullitt rims. Thanks for any help.

I don't think you need to do any mods inorder to lower you stang. I would recommend get sway bars,shocks and all the other goodies to improve you suspension because you'll dealing with the area, you might as well. Here's a link that sell items that you add to you stang to improve suspention. http://www.mustangtuning.com/suspension.html They're a bit expensive so I would recommend that you search around.

I've always heard that Eibach is good. I don't have any springs on my stang(other than stock) so I can't recommend what's good or not but remember, if you go for some cheap chit, then that's what you get. You get what you pay for. Good Luck

speed38stang said:

2" in the front is kinda agressive, but whatever floats your boat. For that kinda set-up you might want to look at Eibach, H&R, and maybe MAC. I have a set of the MAC but I don't think they lowered it that much... maybe about an 1" all the way around maybe a just a little more, but not a lot. You might want to look into C/C Plates (Caster Camber Plates) if you lower 2" or more, a Bumpstop Kit, and some offset rack bushings. Here are some sites you can find them at.

www.steeda.com
www.gefracing.com
www.v6mustangstuff.com

+1 on not gettin cheap chit.

No matter what brand of lowering springs you go with, make sure you get new shocks/struts to match or your ride will suffer a lot! Since you're planning a 1.5" drop or more, I'd advise getting caster/camber plates also to ensure you get a good alignment when you're all done.

you dont "NEED" it, but do you want it? It depends on how fast you wanna corner. with them the car will rail around turns, without it will still handle way better than stock but not as well as if you had them

To be completely honest, I really wouldn't go with Eibach sportlines. I've had mine for about a year and a half now, and I'm pretty much tired of having to avoid major bumps on the road. I've actuallyl hit an uprising in the road before on my k-member that slightly knocked out the toe on my right front wheel. Also, I ran over a rock...didn't look as big at the time, but I hit it on my k-member at about 40 mph, scary as hell. I'd love to pick up some Ford C-springs pretty soon if I can.

how much did the sportlines lower your car? i thought it was just 1.75 inchs....wich on a stang is not that big a deal...my integra was way lower stock than a mustang...and i droped that 1.5 inchs no problem....

Find a rear sway bar because our V6 Stangs did not come with one. A front strut tower bar would also help along with the stiffer springs you should feel a difference.

I on the other hand will also be purchasing Ford C springs very soon but as of right now I have already purchased a rear GT sway bar along with some subframe connectors. When I'm done my pony will prance around like a real GT car

I will not be lowering 2" that is too extreme I know that maybe a ricer would like to go lower and would probably do so with ease, however, I do not feel like trying to make my 6 banger an 8. On the otherhand, 4 bangers need all the help they can get so I understand. Plus I don't want my American Made car to look like it just came out of a cartoon. U know. Anyways. thanks for the help. I would still like any more info. ya'll can give me