Lowering

TSWG00

Founding Member
Sep 9, 2002
Snohomish, WA
I want to lower my car but I'm not sure what to go with. I was thinking of getting the Maximum Motorsports Road Racing Kit but I don't know LOL. Any help/ideas are welcome :-D. I do know I'm going to get 17" wheelse with either 295's or 315's in the rear might even go with 18"s but not sure yet. The Front will have either 265's or 275's not sure how wide I can have them before they rub if anyone knows that as well that would be cool lol. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

91LX_5L said:
I got that too, wish it was a bit lower and I dont like the fact the front and rear are both the same (1.5" drop). I like it when the fronts a bit lower.

Great ride though.
From the pics that I have seen, it sometimes looks like the Eibach Pro-Kit does not drop the front far enough. And it leaves the car looking unbalanced, with the front looking higher than the back.

Anyone else notice that about the Pro-Kit?

I do. But I have read lots of thread with ppl and their sportline kits complaning that the front looks higher then the rear and there 2" front 1.75" rear or somthing like that. Weird.

Mine looks like the front is slightly higher but I measure with a tape and to the top of the fender the front is the exact same.

Look into H&R Springs. There 1.5" rear 1.75" front Id love to have those but I allready put my Eibach Pros in.

matthiasj said:
Caldwell has H&R's and it has a nice stance.

I love you man!
;)

april8.jpg

beforecrapchop.jpg

H&R's
LOVE THEM
they are the super sports
but don't take my word for it...

Humm... Sooo many to choose from. I'm thinking about getting a Maximum MotorSports Kit that has everything from the Coils to Panard and more. Not sure I want to fort out 2k though but I know it will inprove my handeling LOL

i've heard that the limit is between the pro kit and the h&rs... like if you run the pro kit you don't need the cc plates but w/ the h&rs you do. It has to do at a certain lowering distance you will need them, but any amount of drop it would be good to have the cc plates

is there a big difference between the 3&4 bold aftermarked cc plates you can buy?

I've got MMs 4-bolt C/C plates and aluminum rack bushings. No bumpsteer or other problems at all (just perfect).

H&R springs are very good quality. I've got their Race springs, but they work just fine for a daily driver. Plus, I couldn't pull into my driveway if I we lowered any more. I added Bilsteins with them and the handling is unreal. No brake dive and body roll is undetectable. I'm finishing the Road & Track Kit this year, but what I've already got has transformed the handling big time.

I dropped about 1.4" all around with the Race springs AND that is with MMs poly spring isolators all around.

Yeah I'm really thinking about getting one of the MM kits just because it has everything you need I know they are pricy but in the long run it will save time for me and I'm all about saving time. I don't know if it would save on money either it might LOL.