Lowest Priced Autometer guages?

latham83

Jul 24, 2003
Hey anyone know of any sites that u can trust that sell the best priced autometer gauges?? i need electrical water temp, oil pressure, and volts...
also someone told me that when u i get the new water temp sender..my stock one is located in the front of the lower manifold..im suppose to locate that to the back cause therse actually a spot for it, and then put the NEW sender where the stock one was...true??
does the 12volt gauge hook right up to the battery right..

• Sponsors (?)

they ar all pretty cheap...ebay is actually more money then summit for gauges lol..even the used one people bid up to new prices. :shrug:

i know from summit u can get -- volts, fuel level, and a Dual A pillar pod for exactly 100 bucks from summit. i have the ultra lite series gauges. prices vary depending on model, type (elec/mech) and size (2 5/8, 2 1/16) ...i would say order all from summit plus itll only run u like 7 bucks for handling on everything.

are u gonna put them in the gauge cage?

oh, I have the ultra lights in the ultra light gauge cage, and the ultra lites are cheaper than alot of the others and look sweet. for 2 5/8 electrical gauges it will run u -- water temp, $45 -- volts $39 -- Oil press $59.

and as far as the sending unit, i never heard of replacing the stock on in teh back but if it works on all intakes let us know. :nice:

thanks guys!! yes im getting the guage cage.i have a 1990..i was gonna get the vented one and just get 2 gauges..but i dunno i think it might be cooler and easier to just get all 3 huh...
thats the 2 5/8 right...and all the gauges come with senders that fit and screw in just like the stock ones did? i dont have to buy anything extra?

i dunno about electrical but i have mechanical water temp and i had to buy a different Fitting to get it into the lower intake. I bleive he supplied one wass 1/2" and u need a 3/8". autometer sells it, its like 4 bucks. not sure if its needed for electric.

Summit should be your best bet. With the electrical guages, you will have all the hardware needed that comes with the guages, but you will have to buy some wire when it comes time to install them; no big deal.

I got all of mine used, from the corral, and ebay, just be SURE the trim rings are not dented, which easy very easy to do, that is if you decide to use used gauges, nothing wrong with mine, I got want I wanted and saved a lot at the same time :)

ahh cool guys thanks..hey was i thinking..this may be stupid..but can u get a guage that flucuates all the time like a vacuum maybe, and hook it up if you DONT have a supercharger, or turbo or nos or anything?? lol the reason i ask is that i think it would look cool to have a gauge always moving and plus girls would look at it and think its cool hahah...i mean its true..if not thats cool though..anyone ever do it???

oh ok dude..yea u are probably right..since its that important to watch ya know..

thanks for all the info guys...hey another question...should i seriosul go with a 255 fuel pump or not..i was just gonna get a 190...ppl say it doesnt matter..but ive seen threads where guys are saying 255s are giving them trouble..i dunno...im having a 306 with all pretty high mods and all but still running stock injectors for awhile probably...getting a adj. fuel reg...kirban..whats ur thought?
and my friends have told me that they think its easier to cut out a whole in the floor and just do a fuel pump swap like that?!! anyone ever did this..or is it just as easy to drop the tank..

It's mostly preferance with a fuel pump. What do you think fits your final combo better? There is a good chart here http://www.pro-flow.com/tech info/sizing.htm

If you get a 255, a lot of fuel will just get returned back to the tank.

As for access to the pump, do it the right way, drop the tank, it's not that hard, and oyu won't have to worry about water/moisture getting into the interior throught the hole. And it's not really a safe way, I would think you would have to use a cut off wheel to cut the floor, and sparks would be going all over the place, with the gas tank right under it.....

wow that chart is awesome! thanks alot man! hmm what else did i have....
what do u recommend for when putting the oil pan gasket, timing chain, and waterpump on..silcone wise....the black rtv sealant..its guarenteed not to leak and its high temp...i have a one piece oil pan gasket...so...
and for the lower intake, all around the waterjackets, gaskets, and for the front and back of the engine where you are SUPPOSE to use those cork gaskets, but all you use is silicone to make a good seal correct? black rtv for all this too? any diffent suggestions?

latham83 said:
wow that chart is awesome! thanks alot man! hmm what else did i have....
what do u recommend for when putting the oil pan gasket, timing chain, and waterpump on..silcone wise....the black rtv sealant..its guarenteed not to leak and its high temp...i have a one piece oil pan gasket...so...
and for the lower intake, all around the waterjackets, gaskets, and for the front and back of the engine where you are SUPPOSE to use those cork gaskets, but all you use is silicone to make a good seal correct? black rtv for all this too? any diffent suggestions?
the high temp rtv is what i used for intake, etc...I think it was blue, but I don't think that really matters lol. I didn't even get cork w/ my gaskets :shrug: By the way dude, yeah don't cut a hole in your floor...just drop the tank and do it the right way. Hopefully it's not full of gas or that'll be a problem. I used a jack to support mine, but i used a board to kinda distribute the weight a little. It was kinda a b*tch getting the bolts out on the tank straps, but it's possible with some patience :nice:

hey what about these sensors in my manifold...they all have 165,000 on em..the coolant temp sensor..its just like a round tip on it..u think htats fine? i dont see why not..
the air charge temp looks like **** though...advance auto parts has em for 16 dollars..but they are not motorcraft or anything...still buy it? im not paying 40 dollars from 50resto for one