LRS 10th Anniversary Wheel / Tire Package

I did several searches but didn't find a conclusive answer, so sorry if this is a repeat. I'm going to 5 lugs and fell in love with the 10th Anni Cobra wheels. Late Model Resto has a wheel / tire package (link below) that I'd like to get, but the rear wheel size is 17 X 10.5 with 315/35 tires. Will these tires fit without rolling the fender ? I'm prepared to reverse the quad shock and get rack limiters, and possible use spacers if I have to. The car has not been lowered. Thx...

Mustang 94-04 Wheel & Tire Kit, Sve, Bronze, 5 Lug, 17X9 & 17X10.5 at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

• Sponsors (?)

I did several searches but didn't find a conclusive answer, so sorry if this is a repeat. I'm going to 5 lugs and fell in love with the 10th Anni Cobra wheels. Late Model Resto has a wheel / tire package (link below) that I'd like to get, but the rear wheel size is 17 X 10.5 with 315/35 tires. Will these tires fit without rolling the fender ? I'm prepared to reverse the quad shock and get rack limiters, and possible use spacers if I have to. The car has not been lowered. Thx...

Mustang 94-04 Wheel & Tire Kit, Sve, Bronze, 5 Lug, 17X9 & 17X10.5 at LRS - Same Day Shipping!

You will need to roll the rear fender lips & the quad shock will need to be removed. Some minor tailpipe adjustment may be needed as well. If your car isn't lowered, you're better off, but because you have an 89 there wil be some rubbage on the front fender spat when turning. The rack limiters will help to keep wheel off the control arm, but not off of the fender spat.

Not to hijack the thread but on a 91 could I run the 17x9 easier than the older models? The back end of the car is almost stock height so will I run into a problem trying to put the 315 back there?

Same mods for the rear will apply to your 91, but fender clearance for the front is improved so long as you're not slammed. Rack limiters will probably still be needed as well.

I would not risk it with a 315 tire.
I run a 275 35 18, and i'd say i'm at the max in the rear. My tires are BFG G force drag radials, that do run a hair on the wide side, but if i corner hard with the fenders rolled it will still rub a little. That's why i bought a panhard bar.
I'd also say you are going to hit the tailpipes, mine have some rub marks on them too.

Buy the rims and tires separate, i've seen them on special as low as $109 a rim.
Then get the tires you need from tirerack or discounttire direct.

Get 9's for the back, i know you guys love really wide rims, but in most cases they are not worth the headaches they create.
A 9 will fit a plenty wide tire, a few extra millimeters really doesn't do much for traction when using regular tires anyway.

You will need to roll the rear fender lips & the quad shock will need to be removed. Some minor tailpipe adjustment may be needed as well. If your car isn't lowered, you're better off, but because you have an 89 there wil be some rubbage on the front fender spat when turning. The rack limiters will help to keep wheel off the control arm, but not off of the fender spat.

Thanks for the response Jonathan. Sounds like more trouble than it's worth. I could go Ford wheels and use the sizes that are tried and true and call it good, but I really like the deep dish look and I wanted to go as wide as reasonably possible. And the idea of free mounting and balancing sounded like a good idea at a good price! I appreciate all of the responses.